Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Audio Out of Sync - OS 9.2

Jump to solution
This is also happening to me randomly, but it always seems to happen in YouTube. Hulu is usually fine
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I’m having the same issue and turning off leveling or night mode does solve it on my up to date Ultra. I really want to be able to use night mode when my kids are sleeping (when I don’t want headphones because I’m keeping an ear out for them). Hoping this can be resolved soon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for your patience while we've continued investigating these reports. For folks who previously posted in this thread, please try visiting Settings>System>System update>Check now on your device to install the latest update, and let us know if this helps resolve the audio sync issue you were experiencing. 

During playback, try turning 'Volume mode' options both on (Leveling, Night) and off, and test to see if either or both options resolve the issue. 

If you're still experiencing an issue please reply with the following information: 

- Specific channel you are watching when you observe an audio sync issue. 

- Specific movie/tv show content title example that you are watching when the issue occurs. 

- Is your device plugged directly into your TV, or is it connected to an A/V receiver or soundbar of some sort? 

- Have you tried restarting your device to see if this helps? 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuTannerD,

I'm running 9.2.0 build 4802 updated today (26/11/2019). The audio sync issue still persists and the * audio modes workaround doesn't resolve it for me. To answer your specific questions....

- BBC iPlayer

- Everything. Just tried a variety of "Homes under the hammer", "The worst witch" and "Hey duggee". All show the issue very obviously.

- Streaming stick+ plugged directly into TV.

- Yes, tried restarting but that doesn't help.

I've just purchased two of these sticks and intended to buy a third but my wife is already asking me to send these back. A fix would be most welcome! I've worked around for now by disabling the auto adjust refresh rate option until this is fixed.

Cheers,

Russ.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

In addition, BBC iPlayer is by far and away the worst offender here. Amazon prime, now TV and YouTube appear to be almost in sync. Only ever so slightly off. BBC iPlayer on the other hand is off by many seconds.

Cheers,

Russ.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Russkinguk Thanks for the details here. I'll pass these along to our team who is looking into this issue. Was the previous workaround functioning better for you, prior to this most recent update? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Previous workaround being the * audio setting? No, that workaround never worked for me but I'm a new Roku user of about a week or so only really have one previous Roku build to compare against.
Cheers,
Russ.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Issues encountered since 9.2 update

Jump to solution
Hi, I’m having major audio sync issues with BBC iPlayer. No audio issues with other apps. I have attempted all suggested fixes posted within these threads but nothing resolves the problem - very frustrating. Is Roku working on a fix?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, we are finding audio sync issues as well in two to three channels. Kindly mention the build number for the fix given as stated, Is it production update or beta update?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also experienced this on my Roku Ultra 4K recently (last few weeks?).  It has happened twice in that time.  At first I thought it was my soundbar, so I did a reboot on that device with no change.  Then I restarted the TV since it sends the audio to the soundbar, but no change.  Finally rebooted the Roku Ultra and it the voices were matched with the video again.

It happened again tonight.  I was watching Sling and thought it might be their issue as it was all channels, so I switched to the Pluto TV app and it happened there too, so I knew it was a hardware issue (Roku, TV, or Soundbar).  I had forgotten how I resolved it last time, so I checked my Roku Premier in the other room and it was fine.  Then I rebooted the soundbar (no change) and finally rebooted the Roku Ultra and it was resolved again.  Currently I'm on the 9.2 OS -- not sure when that last update happened, but maybe it's related since I never had this problem until just recently.

In more direct answer to your questions:

- Specific channel you are watching when you observe an audio sync issue. 
I was watching Sling initially, and it happened on all Sling channels.   Then I tried PlutoTV and it happened there as well so I knew it wasn't the Sling app or Sling service.

- Specific movie/tv show content title example that you are watching when the issue occurs. 
Any show, any channel on Sling or Pluto.  Mostly noticeable with shows where people are speaking on camera as the mouths don't match the timing of the spoken words.

- Is your device plugged directly into your TV, or is it connected to an A/V receiver or soundbar of some sort? 
I have a Vizio 5.1 soundbar hooked up to the TV's HDMI-2 port (HDMI/ARC port).  The Roku is connected to the TV's HDMI-1 port.  The TV is configured for HDMI/ARC audio (TV internal speakers disabled).

- Have you tried restarting your device to see if this helps? 
This seems to have corrected the problem for me on two occasions.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos