Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SA78
Level 8

Audio Levelling/Night Mode not working

Jump to solution

Audio levelling/Night mode stops working. It was properly working couple days ago. When I change the audio mode to levelling/night mode, then sound goes off and comes back after sometimes with broken sound. I have done the factory reset of sound/audio but that does not work. Would you please help me out ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joshvlad
Level 7

Re: Audio Levelling/Night Mode not working

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue. I fixed it by just unplugging the tv for about a minute and then back in, and now it works fine.

View solution in original post

37 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@SA78 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

What Roku device are you using? Does this issue occur on a specific channel, or does it happen on all channels? What OS is your Roku device currently running?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SA78
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am using PCL Roku TV and it happens on all channels plus youtube as well. If I turn audio levelling/night mode off, then it works fine. The OS is 9.3.0. It was working properly couple of days ago, but stops working all of sudden. 

Thanks !!

SA78
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sorry, it is TCL Roku TV.

kraak40
Level 7

Jump to solution

same issue here

Takki
Level 7

Jump to solution

When i select levelling or night mode i dont get any audio

Contessa
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same thing with me ...

Contessa
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny, I'm experiencing the same issue as several on here. It's a TCL TV. I've not changed anything but nothing over the last few days that:
1. If you select levelling or nightmode  the sound is completely off on ALL channels streaming and on antenna TV

2. Same selected audio level number sounds much louder on cable or antenna tv ( antenna which by the way, has mysteriously changed to LIVE- also something I did not change but appeared by itself) than on streaming channels.

Thanks for any help. I found the levelling to be a great feature especially with movies where sound gets louder and I'm very disappointed that after only 2 months of owning this new TV, that feature has stopped working. 

Mechacam
Level 7

Jump to solution

Starting 4/7/00 i have no sound on any app on my tcl roku tv when i use leveling or night mode. Even hdmi2 and my ps4(hdmi1) have no sound in those modes.

Bramie
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have this exact same issue. Woke up and TV won’t play any audio unless I turn off audio leveling. 

I assume this change came with an update? I hope there is a fix coming?

(I own a TCL Roku TV)