Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rikramer
Level 7

Audio Leveling Causes Sound To be Out of Synch

So I just purchased new roku streaming sticks for all of my TVs. The reason I did this is because of the new ‘leveling’ sound mode. We have always had an issue of loud music/explosions so when I heard about this new feature, I knew I needed to replace all of my old Rokus.

I’ve noticed a major issue though. Every day or two the audio becomes out of synch (ie, words do not match people’s mouths). I’ve determined that this is cause by leaving the Roku in ‘leveling’ mode. I can get the audio to re-synch by turning off ‘leveling’ and then turning it right back on. This is incredibly annoying to do on every one of my TVs.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is roku aware of this issue and possibly going to address it in a software push? I feel like I need to return the Roku devices if this issue persists.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Audio Leveling Causes Sound To be Out of Synch

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're observing. A couple questions here: 

- Which channels are you noticing this behavior with, and what are some example content titles for each channel? 
- Does the same issue occur if you leave audio leveling turned off (for testing)? 

You might try removing any of the affected channels from the Roku home screen, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart, then add the channel back once more and see if the issue persists. 

Please PM me with your Roku account email address and your findings. I'll follow up with you directly to gather more information and continue assisting you. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rikramer
Level 7

Thanks for the reply, Tanner.

This issue is not specific to any channel or specific content. I've noticed it on the YouTube channel. I then tested it on Hulu (using two TVs) and the issue was present there as well. I suspect the synch issue is on every station.

I have just turned off audio leveling today. So we'll see. Turning it off immediately rectifies the syncing issue, so I assume that it will remain in synch....but I do not yet have a data point to rely on for this.

I will PM my account info.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the extra details. I'll follow up with you directly to continue investigating here. 

-Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos