Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Level 12

Audio Leveling Causes Sound To be Out of Sync

I never had this problem until the system update to version 10 build 4208-46.

4660X Roku Ultra.

Now I have this problem.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Audio Leveling Causes Sound To be Out of Sync

@Psilobite

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Does this happen on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels?

Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
cscattaglia
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R 

I believe that I have the same issue - I don't know if it is audio leveling specifically causing this issue though. I also did not notice any issues before the FORCED/BACKGROUND OS UPDATE. You guys should really not be doing that stuff, by the way.

I exclusively use the Plex channel on my Roku, I do not know if it happens in other channels. I am using the Plex Preview channel, version 6.8, build 3.

Again, the reason I have been forced to use the Plex Preview channel is because the FORCED/BACKGROUND OS UPDATE TO ROKU 10 broke AAC audio in the standard Plex app and they implemented a dirty workaround while they address the issues you guys caused with this update.

I will only be able to use the Roku for about a week at a time, before the audio randomly gets out of sync and I have to restart the device.

Here is the information that was requested.

Model: 4630X - Roku Premiere+

Serial Number: YR000N184755 (7KA6A0184755)

Device ID: 7KA6A0184755

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-29

Tracker ID: 55-251-985.

I am not sure if the Tracker ID is still valid - I found this post just after the Roku audio experienced issues again and I already rebooted it before I did the trick to display the Tracker ID.

This is incredibly frustrating and I would really like the option to downgrade my Roku OS version. If I ever buy another Roku again, I will block all communication to Roku's update servers to prevent stuff like this from happening again.

cscattaglia
Level 8

It should also be noted that once the audio issue occurs, it is persistent throughout the Roku. ALL sounds are delayed - navigating through the Roku home screen/settings - the audio is all delayed.

So it is not a problem specific to the channel I am using, in my opinion.

0 Kudos
cscattaglia
Level 8

@RokuDanny-R  - did you see my previous post with all of the info you requested to debug the issue?

I disabled Audio Leveling and didn't have the issue for a week. I enabled Audio Leveling and the issue presented itself within the next day or two.

0 Kudos