Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenrachoh

Re: Audio Issues

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@heidim  Thanks for reaching out to let us know about the issue you're experiencing. A few more questions here to help clarify the steps you've taken and the behavior you're seeing: 

- Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable used to connect the Roku device to your TV? 

- Have you tried connecting the device to a different HDMI port on the TV? 

- Which specific streaming channels have you been watching when you observe this behavior Please cite some examples, as well as content examples if you can recall. 

- During playback inside a streaming channel, when audio is lost during playback, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on the lefthand side of the screen. Look for the option that says 'Volume mode' - Is this set to Leveling, Night, or Off? 

- Does changing the setting for Volume Mode to 'Off' resolve the issue, or restore audio without restarting your device? 

With more information, we can continue looking into this issue and assisting you. 

Thanks,

Tanner

R u kidding @RokuTannerD?  All of us are saying its happening. Multiple times a day no less. Yet you need us to break it down this detailed?  Its an @roku product that we paid for and we are having the same problem.  It happens on any/ all channels I watch. And the ONLY thing that corrects it is restarting the system, which I am doing yet again right now.

justme3
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio Issues sound going off

We are having the same issue and really getting tired of it. It's only 9am here and it has already gone off twice.  We are hoping they resolve this issue soon.

@Jenrachoh wrote:

@heidim wrote:

Hello.  We purchased the Roku Premiere HD/4K/HDR in September 2019.  Starting January 27th, 2020, we have been having issues with the sound going out meaning no sounds whatsoever coming through the television.  We thought it was the tv which is a RCA 39" LED LCD Full HDTV, model number LED39B45RQ, manufactured in January 2013.  Our DVD player works fine through the tv so we figured out it is something going on with the Roku.  Checked for updates and everything is current.   After some trouble shooting, I figured out that if we restart the Roku, the sound works normal again.  We now know what to do but it's annoying having to restart it daily, multiple times a day, or every couple of days when the sound acts up.  Anyone else have this issue?  Was there some sort of update that happened prior to this that is causing the glitch?  Thanks!  

Same **bleep** problem here!

tzalkia
Reel Rookie

Did all the regular stuff you asked.  Most recent - 4:20pm June 30th - started on Netflix - has a fast warble to the sound. Changing channels-same warble.

tamika819

I am having audio issue. TV plugged up, picture works fine with all apps, no sound whatsoever. Just TV, no streaming devices, no sound bar or other audio "sources". TV will not play any sound with any app. I've tried hooking up sound bar to no avail as well, assuming its an issue with the TV itself only had a year and half been working just fine. Now all of a sudden....no audio through the TV Speakers at all?

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Roku Guru

sometimes you can try unplugging power then plugging back in to try again to restore audio.

Suz23

I am having the same issues with the audio and the zooming in. It doesn't look like you've gotten an answer in this forum. Have you tried to contact Roku directly? Thanks.

0 Kudos
elizzabeth

I am having the same problem as everyone here. Using a Roku Premiere with a brand new Samsung TV and sound goes out or won't come on or is garbled. On my TV upstairs, I have a Roku streaming stick and no problems at all (yet).

serenereveries
Reel Rookie

Thanks to all who have posted!!! I too have had the same problems for MONTHS!!!  I just bought and hooked up yet ANOTHER (3rd new Roku) and STILL having the same problems. I thought it might be the tv but it is not!! I tried the new HDMI channel. The other day I did the "update" it worked with sound for 1 hour and then NOTHING!!! So now that I realize it isn't just my set up.... are there other streaming devices anyone can recommend?? I feel bad as my kids just bought a ROKU tv....uh oh.   

tzalkia
Reel Rookie

I did not have sound problems for about 2 months and then yesterday and today the sound started to wobble again. I went to my other roku in bedroom and no problems there with the same show. Different roku sticks. Go figure, cuz none of us can.

Kyrick140

Exact same problem audio lost the only way to get it back on his to reset also picture size is distorted. I think Roku has no answers for these problems, very disappointed!!!