Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Audio Description Track on Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution

This works 

@stixamo wrote:

This was happening to me for the Thor movie.  We fixed it by accessing the “Overview” screen for the movie and then slide over to the “Audio Languages” menu.  It lists only one language option for me “English” with an empty circle next to it.  It’s not obvious that there’s anything to do but if you use the arrow keys you can make it select the English option.  When we went back to the movie, the audio was fixed.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the same issue today with my Roku and amazon prime.

before starting the movie I scrolled up and over from overview to Addis languages.

my language showed English and was unchecked

after I checked English the talking stopped.

its not intuitive guess without a default it talks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Worked perfectly! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Works now!! Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We kept turning on and off the language and close caption options (from English to something else and then back) and eventually it took. But we still get described captions, where print on the screen is translated (and, oddly, when there is something like a recorded voice within the show). First it was German, and now it is Spanish. But we can't get rid of that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku blames Amazon. Amazon blames Roku somebody should take accountability and fix this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did this fix work for anyone else?  I tried it.  This same issue is happening on “The Last Stand” and Pet Sematary”.  Selecting “English” form the “audio languages” didnt seem to fix it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well geez.  Had to do it like 4 times but it eventually worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This did not work for me on all three of my TV's that use Roku. Tried multiple times with each one and selected English, but it never stays highlighted, and still that awful audio description stays on. This was for a movie that I bought on Amazon, so I'm extremely irritated about this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It’s bizarre that it only does it for one amazon movie I own. The rest are all normal. Weird 🤔

0 Kudos