Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Audio Description Track on Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution
I’m having a strange issue. I have a Roku Ultra and in this case I’m using the Amazon Prime Video channel. All movies play fine except one. When I watch the Movie, Mortal Engines, the audio track used contains a audio description of what is taking place in the movie along with all the other dialogue. I know that this audio description service is available for the visually impaired. The problem is that I don’t know how it got turned on and I can’t turn it off.

It does not do it on other Roku boxes that I own. I have completely removed the Amazon channel from my Roku ultra, rebooted, and then added the channel back. The problem remains.

Note: The audio description track can be easily be selected for a given movie in the Amazon Prime Video app on an iPhone or Android. But, I see know such option on the Roku.

Any help is appreciated. I’m stumped on this one this far.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Audio Description Track on Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution

This was happening to me for the Thor movie.  We fixed it by accessing the “Overview” screen for the movie and then slide over to the “Audio Languages” menu.  It lists only one language option for me “English” with an empty circle next to it.  It’s not obvious that there’s anything to do but if you use the arrow keys you can make it select the English option.  When we went back to the movie, the audio was fixed.

View solution in original post

54 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Gambit Have you tried changing the audio track selection to one that does not include narrative audio in the Amazon channel? During playback, you might try pressing the * key on your remote, and seeing if changing any of the options there helps alleviate this. What specific model of Roku device are you experiencing the issue on (Settings>System>About)? Have you contacted Amazon support yet to report a content issue and request any additional support they may be able to provide? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Tanner, Thanks for the reply. I have a Roku Ultra - 4660X. I did contact Amazon and they told me that I had already done everything they would have asked me to do. I.e. remove the amazon channel, reboot the Roku, reinstall, etc. They made a note on the support case in the event that they can fix it on the back end.

I did try to select a different audio track and their is only one available on the Roku Amazon Channel for that movie: The Default - English.

This only started this behavior on this Roku the day before I posted this issue. It does not happen on other Roku’s with the same account and the same movie. The thing is is that there does not appear to be the option for selecting the audio description track for any movie via Amazon on the Roku. But the option is available on an iPad for instance.
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any progress on fixing this? The movie The Cold War has this issue also. I can't turn off the audio description.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with the movie first man... help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon poor audio quality - streaming stick

Jump to solution

I have a high end sound system hooked up to my TV, and I find that the dialogue on Amazon Prime sounds fuzzy and difficult to understand.  I do not have this issue with any other channels, movies, etc.  I tried playing around with my sound settings, but nothing seems to work.  I am, selfishly, kind of happy that I am not the only one having this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same issue with a single episode of Annedroids on the Roku Ultra! There is only one audio track available, English. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This was happening to me for the Thor movie.  We fixed it by accessing the “Overview” screen for the movie and then slide over to the “Audio Languages” menu.  It lists only one language option for me “English” with an empty circle next to it.  It’s not obvious that there’s anything to do but if you use the arrow keys you can make it select the English option.  When we went back to the movie, the audio was fixed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

“Select English” ... worked like a charm. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

3/22/2020

I purchased a movie labeled Audio Described (AD) by Amazon.   However I could not get it to work on either my Roku TV or a Roku streaming stick.  I contacted Amazon support (a 30+ minute wait).  After I, at my request, was transferred to the supervisor she said she would need to do some research and get back to me.  A couple of hours later, I received a call back.

Amazon Audio Descriptions do not work on Roku devices.  

0 Kudos