Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRybandt
Level 7

Audio Chirp

Hi there. starting a thread here as the old thread on this subject is months old and dealt with a previous software/firmware release: i have this issue with an ultra i received during the Holidays. I am up-to-date on software/firmware and am noticing the "chirp" on Netflix and VUDU, but NOT Amazon or other channels (that I've noticed). I am running 4K HDMI out of the Ultra to my new Samsung (UN58MU6070) and then running an optical cable from that Samsung to a brand new Klipsch Sound Bar (R-4B); I had a brief discussion with tech support, but did not get resolution (tho i will attempt to delete Netflix and re-install/restart). I'm a big fan of Roku, but this audio chirp is intolerable when watching movies/shows.

So, help?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
airplay355
Level 7

Re: Audio Chirp

Are you using optical for audio?
0 Kudos
JRybandt
Level 7

hi there! thanks for replying, didn't see it until now, and yes, i am using an optical from TV to soundbar; soundbar does not have HDMI.
0 Kudos
Sarahdemps87
Level 7

I am having this problem as well recently with my roku 3, 4200x model. HDMI cord to tv. It's always worked and then the chirp started occasionally but now it's gotten to a chirp at least every 15mins or more often. Help!
0 Kudos
Keroppilee
Level 7

My Roku 2 recently started doing this. I have Roku 2 connected to tv through HDMI set for Dolby digital and autodetect. Tv set to output bitstream through optical to my Vizio sound bar.

The chirp occurs in Netflix and it actually occurs a the exact same spot if I rewind. What is going on?
0 Kudos