Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackstraw
Level 7

Assistance with Resolving an HDCP Error

I have a Roku Ultra Model 4670X (software version 9.2.0 build 4807046) connected to a Samsung UN55F7100 (software version T-MST12AKUC-2225.0) with an Securomax HDMI cable (4K UHD, 18 Gbps, 28 AWG, Category 2, High Speed, HDMI Cable (A Male to A Male), Supports 4K 60Hz, HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR, UHD 4K 2160p, QHD 1440p, HD 2K 1080p, 3D and HDTV).

Note: This is an older TV that does not support 4K or HDR.

The Roku box reports the connection as 1080p/HDCP 1.4.

At some point, I would connect the Roku through a Yamaha RXV-571 AVR. (Non-4K/HDR)

Whenever I try to access standard, non-4K content through the Roku Channel, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc. I get the "HDCP Error Detected Screen" (Error Code 20).

I've plugged and unplugged the cables and retried over and over yet I can not get content to play. According to the Roku documentation, I shouldn't need to have a 4K TV in order to watch non-4K content because it should support up to 1080p (1920 x 1080) with up-scaling from 720p. Right now the Roku device is nothing more that a $90 brick.

I'd welcome any suggestions on how to resolve this issue and I'd really appreciate Roku stepping in to assist me with making their product work.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Assistance with Resolving an HDCP Error

@jackstraw 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For troubleshooting issues regarding a HDCP error, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hi2jimbob
Level 7

I have Sling TV app on my ROKU. I get the HDCP error only when watching the AMC channel. I tried all the fixes even buying a new high $ HDMI cable as ROKU suggested. Nothing worked. Luckily my computer has a HDMI output connected to my TV. I bring Sling AMC channel up on the computer and drag the screen over to the TV.

0 Kudos
stiggyP
Level 7

...which is not helpful AT ALL.

Falmer5
Level 7

This is really not helpful

0 Kudos