Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim16
Binge Watcher

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

Try turning off the power saver mode. That fixed the problem for me.

0 Kudos
dbky40146
Channel Surfer

Here is the tracker id i get-- YG-295-129    

0 Kudos
Eieio1

ROKU Express Having repeated problems with HDCP errors. Tried the suggestions from ROKU with no success. Model RC506  Enhanced Voice Remote. rtn.4168

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Eieio1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are still experiencing an HDCP error issue, can you please provide us with the required information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BOZE
Reel Rookie

Model 4800-X Roku Utra

ID S02A209XSE94

SOFTWARE  11.0.0 - BUILD 4193-C2

Start happening about 2 months ago, I think. Mostly NETFLIX streaming movies or series.

I have disconnected HDMI and reconnected after turning off tv and ROKU using cable provided with unit.

no help.

To watch shows after I get HDCP error message I go to Home > Settings>System>Power>Restart and Restart.

It works fine after doing the Restart.

0 Kudos
Tim16
Binge Watcher

Turning off the power saver feature fixed the problem for me.

gibgib
Reel Rookie

Turning off the power saver feature fixed the problem for me too

0 Kudos
chrisw63
Channel Surfer

Roku 4800X - Roku Ultra

Roku was turning on and forcing the TV to switch sources every time the TV turned on, even when we didn't want to watch the Roku.  So I turned off CEC on the TV.  Now, just like everyone else, if everything is off for more than a couple hours, I get the HDCP error.

You have the '1-touch play' setting in 'Control other devices'.  Turning it off fixes the auto switch on TV power on problem, but then the TV has to be switched manually to even get the ROKU to turn on!  What moron thought this was good UX design?

I know from working with CEC turned off and 1-touch turned on that the Roku will turn on when you press just about any of it's remote buttons.  SO WHY MUST YOU MAKE IT TURN ON AND SWITCH SOURCES when the TV powers on???  Is this The Great Take Over Everyone's TV Campaign???  Please turn off this dubious 'Feature' ASAP.

With 1-touch on, any Roku remote button should, as advertised, turn the Roku on and tell the TV to switch sources.  AT NO OTHER TIME should the Roku ever tell the TV to change sources.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@chrisw63 wrote:

With 1-touch on, any Roku remote button should, as advertised, turn the Roku on and tell the TV to switch sources.  AT NO OTHER TIME should the Roku ever tell the TV to change sources.

I agree, and every Roku I have works this way. If yours is acting otherwise, it likely has a glitch in the code. What OS version number are you on? It's possible it may need a factory reset to clear everything out, but I only recommend that as a last resort. Perhaps the next OS version update will clear yours, but I don't know when that might be.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
vtchaz

Mary, I am having this issue no my 3930X Roku Express.  Serial X00400N7M8UE. Software 11.0.0 build 4193-AE. 

Tracker ID UE-326-767.

Changing the settings mentioned in this thread have not corrected the issue.

0 Kudos