Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Apps not loading

I have not been able to watch anything on Philo, Sling, or Disney+. I have contacted all of them and there is nothing wrong on their end, it has to fall on Roku. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Apps not loading

Of those three I only have D+, and it's working fine for me. What model number Roku do you have? Have you rebooted the Roku?Have you tried removing a channel, rebooting the Roku (must do this) and adding the channel back? 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a3930 Roku express and a3900.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Cflem975 wrote:

I have a3930 Roku express and a3900.

OK, both new enough that the channels should work fine. So the next step is to remove, reboot and add the channel. Just try one channel at a time. Since you have more than one Roku, be aware that removing a channel from one removes it from all devices on your account. But they all need to be rebooted before adding the channel back. So remove it from one, reboot, then check the other to make sure it's gone, then reboot it. Then you can add it back on one, and the other will also get it installed, most likely before you check it again. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@Cflem975 wrote:

I have not been able to watch anything on Philo, Sling, or Disney+. I have contacted all of them and there is nothing wrong on their end, it has to fall on Roku. 

On Roku, Inc.? I’m pretty sure that it has to fall on your Roku model itself.

To be honest, I’ve never used Philo before. The only apps I’ve used before are Sling Television and probably Disney+.

~Jordan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@atc98092 wrote:

Of those three I only have D+, and it's working fine for me. What model number Roku do you have? Have you rebooted the Roku?Have you tried removing a channel, rebooting the Roku (must do this) and adding the channel back? 

Those would probably fix the issue if possible.

~Jordan

0 Kudos