Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lynskobets

Apps Won’t Load or Delete

I have a #Roku Premiere (4620 series) that won’t load any apps. I have restarted my internet, the roku, and have attempted to remove channels and it won’t even do that. Is the machine broken? It said it checked for an update yesterday. I have tried to open Amazon Prime, Disney+, Peacock, Hulu, PBS Kids, and the Roku channel. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apps Won’t Load or Delete

I have the same issue with Peacock channel (free) and my Roku Express and have tried the same troubleshooting ideas with no change.

0 Kudos
riddley

I am trying to delete the Acorn app from my Roku so I can reinstall it in order to try and fix an audio problem. Acorn app in the ONLY channel with no delete option when I press * . What's going on?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If you have an active subscription to a channel through Roku the "Remove" option won't be available.  It's probably for your protection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
YDHMcGhee

My Youtubetv won’t load on my daughter,s  tv. It works on all other TVs in the house. I’ve tried deleting reinstalling, turning off the Roku, turning off the TV, everything!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The "clear the cache" routine has become my new thing to suggest when all else fails (right after use the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port).  Using your Roku remote, press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and FF (>>) twice.  If you do it correctly your Roku will appear to lock up and then reboot.  Be sure to respond to let us know if it worked or not.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Tried clearing the cache. Didnt change anything. My apps won't load they just spin. If I delete them same thing. Can't watch anything cause they don't load. Do I need a new TV? HISENSE ROKU TV.

0 Kudos
Gabby1732

Thank you so much. My apps wouldn’t load. Restarting didn’t work. It wouldn’t let me remove the apps either. This worked perfectly!!  Just in time for the game too!

0 Kudos
JensGot3

This worked! Thanks so much.

0 Kudos