Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Apple TV+ App Does Not Work (Still !) 09/13/2020

This app still takes a long time to load and when it finally finishes, I sometimes get a black screen.  I then have to start over again and when the picture appears, the "centerpoint" of the movie moves to the lower right hand part of the screen.  I have my TV display set on Auto.

Also, some programs (say, Oprah's interview show) is jerky/stutters, it looks as if frames are missing. When this happens, the audio and video are way out of sync.

I don't know why it's just the Apple TV+ app; all other apps work just fine; Prime Video, Pluto TV, Vudu, and all of the others work fine.

The Apple TV+ app needs some serious fixing of the bugs in it.  It's no wonder they are rated the lowest service.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Apple TV+ App Does Not Work (Still !) 09/13/2020

When there is a problem with just one channel app, it may help to reload the channel:

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    From home screen, Settings > System > System restart (or on a Roku TV Settings > System > Power> System restart). This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.

4. Reinstall the channel.

5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Note that a reinstalled station gets added to the bottom of the channel grid on the Roku home page.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Apple TV+ App Does Not Work (Still !) 09/13/2020

Restarted, reloaded, tried it all and it still won’t playback. 
I can select a show, but no playback.

Disney, Netflix, Prime all work no issues.  Apple says everything is fine on their side.

where do I go from here?

Thanks

0 Kudos