Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmcclend
Level 8

Apple Fitness+ will not show video over airplay. Only audio is working.

Just trying out Apple Fitness+ over the Roku.  It's a Streaming Stick + on the latest firmware.  Once the playback starts, the audio works but the screen goes black.   Streaming of other videos that were taken by the phone works just fine.  

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8\
tmcclend
Level 8

Re: Apple Fitness+ will not show video over airplay. Only audio is working.

Just to update this.  I went downstairs and tried to airplay to an appleTV (v3) and got the exact same behavior.  It must be an issue with the new Fitness+ app, or else Apple wants me to use only a small screen to see the video.

0 Kudos
Rpm893
Level 7

Same problem with streaming stick .... the video shows the countdown in the screen fine but as soon as workout starts it’s only audio

StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Make sure you report this to Apple:

https://support.apple.com/contact

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jaybytez
Level 7

Same problem on the 4800X.
Interesting part is no other airplay cast appears to have a problem.  In fact, in Fitness+, if you select Preview of a workout, it totally works.  But playing the actual workout does not.  In contact with Apple, but not sure if this isn’t a Roku issue.  When you play with workout in screen mirroring mode, you can still see the screen cast option and the Roku does not show up in the list only the phone.

0 Kudos
jaybytez
Level 7

I submitted an issue with Apple, interestingly enough I tested tons of apps on my phone and found another where the video does not correctly cast, so I told Apple it might be a video type issue.  Because I tested about 8 apps that all worked correctly, and then found the one that doesn’t like Fitness+

0 Kudos
avish
Level 7

I am talking with Apple CC as well - lets see how it goes! Will update.

0 Kudos
jugajim521
Level 7

I am following this .. as I just started w/Ifitness and got new Roku b/c it is supposed to work w/Airplay. 

What gives here... please reply w/the directions to correct this ... thank you 

0 Kudos
tmcclend
Level 8

I read that IOS 14.5 will fix this issue.

0 Kudos