Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
st3v3
Level 7

App Will No Longer Load

The FSTV  app used to load fine. Now, instead of loading, it just returns to the home screen (just in the past couple of days---I've made repeated attempts).  This is the only app that behaves this way on this device (Roku Premier).  I also have a Roku streaming stick on my upstairs TV and FSTV loads fine up there.  Seems like it's an issue with the device rather than the app.  Any suggestions or other words of wisdom? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: App Will No Longer Load

Did your Roku just update its software to version 9.3? Some others have reported problems with FSTV that seemed to coincide with receiving this update.
Check via: Settings > System> System update
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
st3v3
Level 7

Hello-

Thank you for your response. I am on version 9.3.0 but am not sure when system was first upgraded to that version.  This has been going on for a few days but, again, on just one of my two Roku's.

It was working fine for a year or more.  One day it wouldn't load and then the next day it was fine again. Now a couple of weeks later, it just won't load at all.  I'm thinking it's an issue with this particular unit.  Feel free to share any thoughts, ideas or other sage words of wisdom.

Thanks again 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@st3v3 wrote:

Hello-

Thank you for your response. I am on version 9.3.0 but am not sure when system was first upgraded to that version.  This has been going on for a few days but, again, on just one of my two Roku's.x

Settings > System > System update > (right arrow) will tell you not only the Roku version number, but when it was installed.  They are rolling 9.3 out unit by unit and yours most likely will not all get updated at the same time.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@st3v3 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
st3v3
Level 7

Hi Danny-

I tried the procedure you suggested and nothing changed.  I had already attempted the restart procedure a number of times but without removing the app first.  No difference either way.  Thanks anyway...I appreciate your response..

It seems that it's an issue that Roku needs to address but there doesn't seem to be a way to communicate with anyone other than through this 'community' forum.  I feel this issue should somehow be communicated to the technicians at Roku and get them to troubleshoot the issue.  FYI another community member suggested it had something to do with the latest update (9.3) but, again, if that's the case, Roku needs to address it and correct it.  All other apps still load no problem.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond, Danny.  Sure hope I can get this corrected soon.

-Steve

0 Kudos