Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Anyone notice that a paused program that gets to screensaver launches to Roku Channel?

Anytime I pause long enough for the theme/screensaver to come up... so far regardless of the app I was using... and then try to come out of pause with play or back ... it launches to the Roku Channel (not the app I was using).  This began recently.  Wondering if this is Roku's way of 'persuading' customers to watch the Roku Channel.  If so... it's obnoxious

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Anyone notice that a paused program that gets to screensaver launches to Roku Channel?

I can't say if I've noticed it, but I have noticed that Play will launch The Roku Channel (thanks Roku for that BS).  It's likely that the paused video reverted to the Home Screen before or after the screensaver activated and then Play launched TRC.  I don't know why Back would do it.  My advice is to never use Play or OK to dismiss a screensaver.  That's how people end up with added channels that they don't want.  The stupid Roku screensavers often advertise other channels that get installed if you press Play or OK.  Try using one of the arrow buttons and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Anyone notice that a paused program that gets to screensaver launches to Roku Channel?

I use one of the Roku clock screen savers, since they have no ads.  (So far, at least.)

0 Kudos