Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malrats
Level 7

Any word on Roku OS 9 coming to Roku TV anytime soon? Hoping for an audio delay fix.

I’m probably crazy but holding onto some shred of hope that there will be something in this update that helps correct the insane audio delay that was introduced to my TCL 55S401 Roku TV in an update in October-November-ish of last year. It’ll likely break more than it fixes, but my delay is so bad that it’s even happening when using an AVR and the TV is supposedly not even handling the audio. So maybe it’s the video processing, I don’t know. I can’t figure it out.

Either way, it makes everything miserable and I really can’t even watch TV or movies anymore, let alone play video games where the sound delay can actually make the game unplayable.

Only thing I’ve ever seen is “early 2019” or something. Have they gotten more specific yet? Has anyone had theirs update?
TCL 55S401 Roku TV (Unsolved audio/video lag issues!)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Any word on Roku OS 9 coming to Roku TV anytime soon? Hoping for an audio delay fix.

"malrats" wrote:
I’m probably crazy but holding onto some shred of hope that there will be something in this update that helps correct the insane audio delay that was introduced to my TCL 55S401 Roku TV in an update in October-November-ish of last year. It’ll likely break more than it fixes, but my delay is so bad that it’s even happening when using an AVR and the TV is supposedly not even handling the audio. So maybe it’s the video processing, I don’t know. I can’t figure it out.

Either way, it makes everything miserable and I really can’t even watch TV or movies anymore, let alone play video games where the sound delay can actually make the game unplayable.

Only thing I’ve ever seen is “early 2019” or something. Have they gotten more specific yet? Has anyone had theirs update?

There has been no updated timeline from Roku posted at https://blog.roku.com/ which is where Roku posted the original timeline.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos