Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Any problems with Roku and Samsung smart TV's

I have 4 Roku streaming stick + units. They worked fine for about a year and then at the beginning of November 3 of them stopped working correctly. All 3 that stopped working are connected to Samsung smart TVs. The one that is working is connected to a non-smart TV. I tried all the non-working units on the non-smart TV and they work fine. I connected a smart TV with a cable and the TV and Roku worked for a few minutes and then stopped working. I also reset all the Rokus to the factory settings after which they worked for a few minutes and then stopped working. I contacted Roku support and the suggestions were of no help. Has anyone else encountered this type of problem and what are possible solutions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: Any problems with Roku and Samsung smart TV's

I don't currently have any Roku connected to a Samsung TV, but no, there's no reason for them not to work. If the Roku players work fine on another TV, there's nothing wrong with them, and I point the finger at Samsung. It wouldn't be the first time they pushed out an update that messed up their HDMI inputs. It's one reason I recently replaced my Family Room Samsung with an LG. But the bedroom Samsung only has an Nvidia Shield connected to it at the moment. I'm probably going to move my Ultra 4640 back up there, as a 4800 just replaced it on the LG, since it's a Dolby Vision capable set. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos