Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Annoying voice guide!!!

Hi! Please help!  The annoying lady won’t go away! I have a roku 3 that’s been updated to the latest 9.something.  There’s no accessibility in my settings and pushing the * 4 times does nothing.  It’s driving me crazy!!!  Please help!!! Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Annoying voice guide!!!

All you have to do is turn it off in the Settings menu:

https://www.roku.com/accessibility

Specifically, "Customers can also turn Audio Guide on or off within the Accessibility category of the Settings menu. Other options include adjusting the speech rate, text-to-speech volume, or disabling the Audio Guide remote shortcut."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

As he said, there is no Accessibility category anywhere in the Settings on a Roku 3.  At least not on mine (or his).  Pressing * four times on mine does nothing, so I'm glad mine didn't get turned on.  I thought it used to, so maybe some update buggered it up, but I have never had an Accessibility category.

Highlighted
Level 7

I was thinking some weird update too since it’s last update was yesterday and we noticed it last night. Somehow while on Netflix I was able to shut it off by changing the language once you hit *. The options were empty but somehow got it to stop.  This morning my daughter was watching Disney now and it was doing it again but I couldn’t get it to stop.  Tried changing audio to stereo still nothing. Reboot roku. Nothing.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have no accessibility in my settings. There’s captioning but that’s only for on screen text. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

What "Software version" are you on from Settings->System->About?  I'm on v9.2, so if you are as well you might want to see if it offers you an update from Settings->System->System update.  The only other thing I can suggest is the nuclear option - factory reset.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Looks like v9.3 just update 6/3

0 Kudos