Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toiday
Level 7

Amazon Video sound lagging

I have Roku Ultra 4660X feeding a 4K LG TV.  I use ethernet wire connection my the Roku to the internet.  Software version 9.1.0 * build 4111-46.  While watching many (not all by many) programs from Amazon Prime Videos, the sound is a few seconds lagging make it impossible to follow.  Some other videos in Amazon Prime are OK.  All other apps in Roku such as NetFlix, YouTube, YouTube TV, Sling, etc... are all OK.  My TCL Roku TV has no problem with the same videos I have problem here.  When I switch to my LG TV's Amazon Prime App (by pass Roku) and the same videos are fine.  So far, the issue is only on this one Roku Ultra, and only one Amazon Prime app, and only on certain videos.  Do I have a bad Roku box here?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Amazon Video sound lagging

Thanks for the note. 

If the issue you're experiencing only occurs in one channel (Prime Video), and only on certain content titles, it is highly unlikely that there is anything wrong with your Roku device. 

Have you contacted Amazon Prime support yet to report the issue and let them know exactly which content titles you observe the issue with? 

If you can provide more details, I can help take a closer look to see what else we can recommend. A couple questions: 

- What specific TV shows or movies do you observe the issue on? 
- During playback of one of these titles, press the * key on your remote. A menu will appear on the lefthand side of the screen. Do you have any option enabled next to 'Volume mode'? If so, try turning this to 'Off'. Does the issue persist? 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
toiday
Level 7

Re: Amazon Video sound lagging

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
Thanks for the note. 

If the issue you're experiencing only occurs in one channel (Prime Video), and only on certain content titles, it is highly unlikely that there is anything wrong with your Roku device. 

Have you contacted Amazon Prime support yet to report the issue and let them know exactly which content titles you observe the issue with? 

If you can provide more details, I can help take a closer look to see what else we can recommend. A couple questions: 

- What specific TV shows or movies do you observe the issue on? 
- During playback of one of these titles, press the * key on your remote. A menu will appear on the lefthand side of the screen. Do you have any option enabled next to 'Volume mode'? If so, try turning this to 'Off'. Does the issue persist? 

Thanks,
Tanner

Hi Tanner,
Thank you for responding.  I also want to add that the same video(s) with issue on Roku Ultra are fine on my TCL 4K Roku TV, AND fine ok my LG 4K TV app.
Here is the information you requested:
  - What specific TV shows or movies:  Absentia (4K UHD): Season 2, Episode 1 (or any episode)
  - The "Volume Mode" was always OFF.
Thanks!
0 Kudos