Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Amazon Prime Video not playing audio on Roku Soundbar

I have my soundbar setup using the HDMI-ARC on my Samsung SmartTV. Everything is working normally until I try to play anything from Amazon Prime Video which results in no sound at all.  Even the sound of the volume up or down chime will not play as soon as a Prime Video starts. Video is fine, but audio is non-existent.  Other apps like Netflix and Hulu are working without any issue. I have already tried removing Prime Video and re-installing but the issue is still there. I also reset the sound settings to normal and removed any sound leveling or speech clarity but that didn't help. Has anyone had this issue or have a fix?

Roku Smart Soundbar 9101X Software Version 9.3.0:4170

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Amazon Prime Video not playing audio on Roku Soundbar

I had the same problem. While playing the video, go to the menu ( the * button) and change the sound mode from "off" to something else, or to "off" and back to something else. That worked for me.

0 Kudos