Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vadermoss
Channel Surfer

All sound suddenly stopped working.

All sound suddenly stopped working. I’ve re-seated cables, checked settings, restarted, checked SW was up to date, even did a factory restart. Nothing has resolved it. Any help would be appreciated.

Device is Roku Ultra that has been working for a year.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: All sound suddenly stopped working.

Which model # is your Roku Ultra? What version of Roku OS are you running (Settings/ System/ About). Have you tried your Roku on another TV? Have you verified that your TV speakers work? Are you using a soundbar? How long ago did you purchase your Roku Ultra?

0 Kudos
Vadermoss
Channel Surfer

TV speakers, sound bar works other than Roku. SW is 10.5.0, build 4208-C2. Haven’t tried on another TV (Don’t have another one, and have verified this one works). Purchased this roku just under a year ago.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

So normally you have the sound coming from your soundbar? Take your sound bar out of the picture remove it completely. Just have your Roku hooked to your TV using your TV speakers. Do you hear anything? Can you confirm that your TV speakers actually work? You didn’t provide the model number or the operating system version. 

0 Kudos
Vadermoss
Channel Surfer

Model is 4800x, Software version was prev provided (10.5.0, build 4208-c2) unless you are referring to something other than the sw version. Soundbar has been removed and confirmed that the tv speakers are working.

0 Kudos
Vadermoss
Channel Surfer

Normally we use a soundbar and subwoofer. Just to confirm that fact.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Your Roku Ultra was released about 2 years ago. You can try a new HDMI cable. Try other HDMI ports. Also try another TV. If you don’t have another TV bring it over to someone else’s house. If you purchased it less than a year ago and it’s under warranty 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Vadermoss
Channel Surfer

Ok, I'll see if the roku will play over at my folks house. If not I'll see if it's still under warranty. Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos