Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eyezlo7
Level 7

Re: All sound, no picture

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express 3700X. I have sound but no picture. Just a black screen when using Netflix, Disney Plus, etc. I’ve updated everything, restarted and even unplugged Roku. Can’t seem to figure it out. 

0 Kudos
eaclark
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had that same problem and tried several things.  I might suggest that you go to "system", click on "Display and see whether you show 720 or 1080.  You will also have the option of "auto search".  Try that first (after you have noted whether you are currently 720 or 1080).  If it still comes back to the same setting, just manually switch to the other (720 or 1080).  I have used this "trick" a couple of times on different units and it seems to work.  It's worth a shot!  Best of luck!

0 Kudos
Eyezlo7
Level 7

Jump to solution

Apparently it was in my aspect ratio and picture setting. I have a Sharp TV and it needed to be on wide mode and energy saving mode. Weird but it worked. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos