Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LordEvyl
Level 8

All my channels crash and when I click update, it says unable to update

Jump to solution

Every time I click a channel on my Smart TV, the channels crash and I can't get into them. YouTube just says cannot launch channel and keeps coming up with the same message, NetFlix just crashes, Tubi just crashes, they ALL CRASH. And when I click system update it says cannot update. I read there is an option to "reset" my roku, but all I get is FACTORY reset and no option just saying "reset device" I never had this problem until today.

It also keeps asking me if I'm watching the TV from home or in a dorm or whatever. Why? I've been using the same INTERNET CONNECTION for over 8 years.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All my channels crash and when I click update, it says unable to update

Jump to solution

@LordEvyl, the option to restart a RokuTV is under the Power settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@LordEvyl 

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like your device may not be connected to your wireless network at this time. Have you verified in Settings that you are connected to your wireless network? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps? 

You can reboot your Roku device through Settings > System > Power > System restart. However, please be aware that this is a reboot, not a reset. The only reset that there is for a Roku device is indeed the factory reset. For more information about performing a factory reset, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your Roku

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LordEvyl, the option to restart a RokuTV is under the Power settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
LordEvyl
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's funny, because I did that multiple times, and I still had issues. I reset my router this afternoon and I never had any issues since. So it might have been an issue with my internet not properly connecting. I actually came very close to doing a factory reset. Thank God, I didn't.

0 Kudos