Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sgcim
Level 7

Re: All I get is the Roku Logo on my Roku 1 Remote won't respond

I only hooked it up to my new Sony 60" 4K Ultra HD through an HDMI cable, and it worked for a short time, and then stopped working.
One interesting thing about its sudden recovery was that I got so disgusted with it, I ripped all the cables out of it, and left it sitting there unplugged for a day or two. 
I tried it a day or two later, and it came on with the "Let's get started!" message, and after it added all 250 channels, it's been working perfectly again.
Don't try to tell me that this thing isn't possessed! :mrgreen:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trailboss60
Level 7

Removing my micro SS card fixed this issue.

Reading elsewhere, if you reformat the card it will mount fine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sgcim
Level 7

What's a micro SS card?
How do I re-format it?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Basil
Level 10

"sgcim" wrote:
What's a micro SS card?
How do I re-format it?

They made a type. Micro SD card.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

And not all Roku players have an SD card slot. If yours has one and you didn't put the card in, there likely isn't a card in there, as they don't come with one.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jwsjewels
Level 7

I also find unplugging and removing the SD card when it freezes to work every time. The SD card slot is REALLY hard to find( if your has one)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Basil
Level 10

OP doesn't actually have a Roku 1. He gave model 2450, which is a Roku LT (2nd version) and which doesn't have a microSD card. All the discussion about microSD may be useful for other devices, but not for OP.

In all likelihood, his device, which was discontinued five years ago, is starting to fail. I have a model 2400 LT that still works, but I'm surprised that it still does. It may be time to move to something else, such as a Roku Express, if he wants to stay with an entry-level model.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sgcim
Level 7

I didn't know Roku boxes only last five years. I only use it to get Kanopy through the college I'm associated with. It's too bad the Sony X690E can only get Netflix and You Tube (plus Hulu, Amazon Prime and Vudu if I want to subscribe), but it looks like I'm going to have to buy a new Roku Express Plus , because I want one that can take component cables (red, white and yellow) so I can use it with my older TV in the other room, as well as with the HDMI cable on the Sony.

I guess I'll just sit here and comfort my Roku LT (2nd version) as she passes into the next world. Thanks for all the advice!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Basil
Level 10

"sgcim" wrote:
I didn't know Roku boxes only last five years. I only use it to get Kanopy through the college I'm associated with. It's too bad the Sony X690E can only get Netflix and You Tube (plus Hulu, Amazon Prime and Vudu if I want to subscribe), but it looks like I'm going to have to buy a new Roku Express Plus , because I want one that can take component cables (red, white and yellow) so I can use it with my older TV in the other room, as well as with the HDMI cable on the Sony.

I guess I'll just sit here and comfort my Roku LT (2nd version) as she passes into the next world. Thanks for all the advice!

My LT (six years old) still works. I don’t know what’s the expected life of one, as I’ve never had one die (I give away most older ones when I upgrade). I’ve been running Roku devices as far back as the first generation (got my first in 2010). I’ve had good service from them.

However, they do go bad. You’ve had 60 months service out of a $50 device. Not bad. Would be nice to get even more, of course. Keep it comfortable and min8mize the pain as it prepares to cross the rainbow bridge.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sgcim
Level 7

I'm in the process of moving it to a local Roku Hospice as I write this... :mrgreen:
0 Kudos