Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgcim
Level 7

All I get is the Roku Logo on my Roku 1 Remote won't respond

I've tried everything, unplugging the AC to the Roku box, unplugging the component video cables, unplugging the Toshiba 27A34 TV, pressing the factory reset pin hole on the back of my Roku 1 Box.
Sometimes I get service for a week or two, but then it just shows a black screen with the 'ROKU" logo in purple.
Lately I've been getting the network setup screen, and I I enter the code numbers and letters, but all I get is the same black screen with the ROKU logo, and the box won't respond to my remote.
I have new batteries in the remote, so that's not the problem. Help!!!
0 Kudos
20 Replies
sgcim
Level 7

Re: All I get is the Roku Logo on my Roku 1 Remote won't respond

I don't know about Roku. They offer no support online, yet they're an online product. Then scammers hack the supposed Roku support site, and before you know it, you're scammed for hundreds of dollars by these guys who impersonate Roku techs, and get inside your computer, and get your personal info.
Then you email the Roku community board to tell them about it, and all they say is, "too bad, but there's nothing we can do about it".

I guess I'll switch to another streaming device, like an Amazon Firestick or whatever...
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

The forums aren't a support site for Roku, per se.  It's primarily a community-driven help site, with some engineers and employees having access in order to escalate issues that may be occurring.

When you held the factory reset button, did you hold it for longer than 30-seconds (no matter what happens on-screen ... this is important).

It sounds like you are having power issues.  What model is your Roku (Settings > System > About) and are you using the wall-wart that came with it?
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
sgcim
Level 7

Thanks, Shawn. Roku's 'support site' is a drop-down menu!
This is Model #2450X  FCCID: TCR1001 IC:5959A-R1001 if that's the info you wanted.
I held the factory reset pin-hole down for well over 30 seconds.
I'm using the same wire and plug that came with it.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

The 2450 is an older model, so there's a chance that it's starting to fail.  You might try a different power supply (the specs will be on the wall wart).

If that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of to try is to perform a factory reset (you'll have to relink the device with your account, and again for each channel).  Factory reset will be in the Settings > System menu.  If that doesn't work, I can't think of anything else other than the device might be failing.  I'll see if I can poke some brains this week/weekend, and other members of the community may think of something else to try, so keep an eye on the thread.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
sgcim
Level 7

Thanks! Just to annoy me, it went into the set-up mode just now, and after it added on the 250 channels I've added, it started working again! 
I think this might be a good idea for a horror movie: 'ROKU: The Box That Drove the World Mad!'
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Out of curiosity, do you have a microSD installed in it?  If so, try removing it.  If not, try inserting one (don't need anything more than 64mb).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
sgcim
Level 7

I don't know what a microSD is. Do you mean a SanDisc flash drive? The only ports on it are the three component video jacks and one HDMI port. I used the HDMI port to hook it up to my new 4K Sony, but then it stopped working, so I hooked it up to the old Toshiba rear projection.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Sorry, I could have sworn there was a microSD slot on the LT (yes, one of those flash card ports).  Looks like I should have consulted Roku's resources to check instead of Google Smiley Tongue  Mea Culpa
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"sgcim" wrote:
 so I hooked it up to the old Toshiba rear projection.

Interesting information.  Have you tried connecting it to a different device (TV)?  It shouldn't make a difference, but I've seen stranger things happen.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos