Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Airplay not working with Blinkbox on iOS

I can Airplay from an iPhone 12 to a Roku Premiere and cast YouTube / iPlayer and other apps no problem. The only one I’m having a problem with is the only one there isn’t a Roku solution for, BritBox . When I try to cast BritBox , I get a black screen with simply the word “AirPlay”, then a 3 second ident, then a slightly more detailed AirPlay screen (black screen saying “AirPlay” that identifies my Wi-fi network and offers “AirPlay and HomeKit settings”, then the ident followed by the more detailed AirPlay screen in an infinite loop. Can anyone offer any suggestions / workarounds ?

3 Replies
Level 7

Re: Airplay not working with Blinkbox on iOS

I am experiencing this issue too, exactly as described. Seems to connect via AirPlay fine, but just loops the 4second long Britbox ident over and over.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Level 7

There’s another thread on this site that says that Britbox haven’t made their content viewable via Roku in the UK (although it is available through Roku in the US). No immediate sign of that position changing, I’m afraid

0 Kudos
Level 7

I presumed (wrongly, it seems) that their stance related solely to Roku UK app (or lack thereof) seems that presumption may have been a little naive though! Thanks

0 Kudos