Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeab_lui
Reel Rookie

Airplay not working when on fullscreen mode working normal when screen is on regular mode.

Airplay is working alright. But when i tried to watch videos on fullscreen mode it wont work.  Is there an issue on the update of new IOS? 

26 REPLIES 26
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Airplay not working when on fullscreen mode working normal when screen is on regular mode.

Issues with iOS updates need to be directed to Apple.

You havent mentioned what Roku model/firmware version, Apple device model/firmware, or any other information which would be necessary to provide further assistance.

0 Kudos
moonwalker0921
Binge Watcher

unable to airplay full screen when playing video

just bought roku ultra 2020 .  

airplay mirror & audio airplay worked fine ,  but unable to airplay full screen when playing video . the screen show running but no video on TV 

running version 10.0.0 build 4185-C2 .

any advise ? 

0 Kudos
moonwalker0921
Binge Watcher

Re: Airplay not working when on fullscreen mode working normal when screen is on regular mode.

Me encountered the same issue too 

0 Kudos
moonwalker0921
Binge Watcher

Re: unable to airplay full screen when playing video

additional info . 

using iphone X version 14.5

0 Kudos
PMG
Reel Rookie

Same issue. Perhaps worth noting that I had been using fullscreen mirroring several times a week until sometime in April.

iPhone 11 (iOS 14.5.1)

roku premiere 3920x (ver 9.4.0)

0 Kudos
PMG
Reel Rookie

I had a similar problem, and I just discovered that when the video won’t play, I can push the play/pause button on the Roku remote (instead of the phone) and it will work. It’s almost like it passes video to the Roku with “start on pause”.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@PMG wrote:

I had a similar problem, and I just discovered that when the video won’t play, I can push the play/pause button on the Roku remote (instead of the phone) and it will work. It’s almost like it passes video to the Roku with “start on pause”.

An Airplay2 update (1.14.104) was released today (5/25) - check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) and test your AP connections again.

0 Kudos
moonwalker0921
Binge Watcher

my roku on version 10 .  airplay version 3.2.0.13 which is already latest .  

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@moonwalker0921 wrote:

my roku on version 10 .  airplay version 3.2.0.13 which is already latest .  

That's the (internal) AirPlay2 protocol version, not the (external) AirPlay2 platform app version.

Its the platform app version updates that are being referred to here (and update via Roku's update mechanism), though there are internal protocol/app version updates that can/do accompany the platform app updates too.

You can check the platform version of the (hidden) AirPlay2 apps:  Home 3x, Up 2x, L, R, L, R, L

0 Kudos