Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burchw
Level 7

After Roku update, audio plays but no video

Recently updated system as prompted. Now, I can access apps such as Netflix and Prime, view menus and all that, but when I go to play a piece of content, only audio plays and no video. This happened immediately after my Roku update.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: After Roku update, audio plays but no video

Hi @burchw

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try to disconnect then reconnect all cables including the power cable? If still no dice, try using a different HMDI cable or use a different HDMI port and see if that resolves the issue.

Please provide us the following information if the issue persists:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rnr7889
Level 7

I am also having this problem and the suggestion of disconnecting/reconnecting cables and disconnecting/reconnecting power has not helped.

Here is further info about my equipment. Hopefully you can help.

Model: 3931RW-Roku Express+

Serial Number: X00400CHCFGV (S012302HCFHV)

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Timestamp: 2022-05-18T20:44:00Z

Issue ID HV-198-524

Thank you

0 Kudos
camp_l
Level 7

I'm also having the same problem after my roku updated last night. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting both the power cable and the HDMI cable. I tried using different cables, and HDMI ports in my tv. It happens on every channel/app I use. 

Model: 3930RW - Roku Express  

Serial Number: X00400VUJ7A1

Software Version: 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Device ID: S01331CUJ7A1

0 Kudos