Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burchw

After Roku update, audio plays but no video

Recently updated system as prompted. Now, I can access apps such as Netflix and Prime, view menus and all that, but when I go to play a piece of content, only audio plays and no video. This happened immediately after my Roku update.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: After Roku update, audio plays but no video

Hi @burchw

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try to disconnect then reconnect all cables including the power cable? If still no dice, try using a different HMDI cable or use a different HDMI port and see if that resolves the issue.

Please provide us the following information if the issue persists:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rnr7889

I am also having this problem and the suggestion of disconnecting/reconnecting cables and disconnecting/reconnecting power has not helped.

Here is further info about my equipment. Hopefully you can help.

Model: 3931RW-Roku Express+

Serial Number: X00400CHCFGV (S012302HCFHV)

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Timestamp: 2022-05-18T20:44:00Z

Issue ID HV-198-524

Thank you

0 Kudos
camp_l
Reel Rookie

I'm also having the same problem after my roku updated last night. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting both the power cable and the HDMI cable. I tried using different cables, and HDMI ports in my tv. It happens on every channel/app I use. 

Model: 3930RW - Roku Express  

Serial Number: X00400VUJ7A1

Software Version: 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Device ID: S01331CUJ7A1

0 Kudos
CursedLattice
Channel Surfer

I am having this issues after the update to 11.0.0 as well on my 4801rw. What works for me is to watch something on YouTube and then everything else seems to work normally. I believe it may have something to do with the refresh rate. It will be good until the device is reset then you will need to watch a  youtube video again. This is what works for me

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CursedLattice

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information in @RokuKariza-D's last post? Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rnr7889 @camp_l

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos