Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unhappy_camper
Level 8

After Roku device activates TV goes black with audio on

This is different than that black flashing etc. I am using a stand alone Roku device. When I activate the device the TV screen shows the Roku channels and the TV screen is clear. But when I press Netflix or some other channel the screen goes black but I started hearing the audio if it happens to be on on that channel. I know its not the TV, I've been using the Roku with it for a couple of years and the TV has no problem when the main Roku home starts up.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: After Roku device activates TV goes black with audio on

@Unhappy_camper 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV or switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Unhappy_camper
Level 8

No picture with cable I get sound no picture

Danny as my post clearly states it is a stand alone Roku Device. I did try to unplug the tv with no effect.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No picture with cable I get sound no picture

@Unhappy_camper 

Thanks for the update.

Please see my previous post and provide us with more information so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos