Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheryl3
Level 9

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

Danny,  thanks for your post.  Here's my info:

Model: 3910 RW (Roku Express+).  Device ID: C53947860648. Software version: 9.3.0. Build: 4194-51. 

To reiterate the issue, prime video produces audio only, no video (picture) for all movie/tv shows. All other channels are fine.

I look forward to a resolution!

Cheryl

0 Kudos
Wmcewan
Level 7

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

Getting an HDMI to RCA converter should fix this, correct?

0 Kudos
aromkee
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model: 3910RW - ROKU Express +

Serial Number: YG00AP325753

Software Version: 9.3.0 build 4194-51

Device ID C5387A325753

Channel Version: 11.4n build 2020072340

Channel will only play audio of shows and or movies no video what so ever. QVC is now only playing video and no audio.

ROKU is completely up to date on all updates.

0 Kudos
Mglowe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here.  Cannot load Prime Video.  Screen freezes at logo.  Stuck having to reboot unit.  

0 Kudos
Cheryl3
Level 9

Jump to solution

I just checked and Prime Video is now streaming via my Roku Express+.  

MoRig252
Level 8

Jump to solution

Mine has video now as well! Thanks a million!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and updates. 

If you are experiencing this issue, can you please provide us the all of the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-what specific content is this issue happening with?
-how is the device connected? HDMI or composite cable?

Once we have this information, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Nash1935 @foibles @coppernikle @rscarmouche @aromkee 

Thanks for providing me with that information.

How are you connecting the Roku device to your TV? Are you connected through HDMI cable or through composite cable?

Please keep me posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
aromkee
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am connected via a composite cable to an analog TV

0 Kudos
OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

We just checked ours, too, and we're able to see Prime video feeds, now. Thanks @RokuDanny-R!

0 Kudos