Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kolyaboo
Level 8

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

Same here. Since last night. I told Amazon.

88-keys
Level 8

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  This happened a couple of times in June and I had hoped it was fixed permanently.  I sent a private message to RokuAustin with details of my device and Prime version.  Hope they can fix it soon.  This is getting ridiculous.

OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

OK. So, today I've been able to get past the Prime sign-in, and view their home screen. However, like others in this string, I'm only getting audio, no video. Hoping @RokuAustin can help us, again.

HowardinTN
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Friends!  We are having a problem with our Roku on Amazon Prime Video.  It will not show the video, just plays the audio track.  The player works fine on other channels. 

When I go to the video scroll section it will scroll showing the video frames, but will not put the frames on the full screen.  Here is the info from our systems: 

Roku Device ID:  C5393G533473

Software Version:  9.3.0 build 4194-51

Prime Video version 11.4, build 2020072310

Tracker ID 73-332-374

Any help would be appreciated!

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts. 

If you are experiencing this issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-what specific content is this issue happening with?

Once we have this information, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
Nash1935
Level 8

Jump to solution

(Nash1935)

Happens only when using amazon prime and try to watch any video. Audio but no video

mod 3914RW

SN YG00CE812907

DevID CS39SC812907

SW 9.3.0. Build 4194-S1

please help

foibles
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

The problem is as described except that the video picture never appears. In other words, the audio plays, but the picture is blank. This is true for every title we have tested with.

Roku model: 3910R - Roku Express+

Serial #: YG008Y243524

Device ID: C53928243524

Software OS/version 9.3.0 build 4194.51

Channel version 11.4 build 2020072310

coppernikle
Level 9

Jump to solution

NEW UNIT  (AmazonPrime=only audio, no video):

Model # 3910RW - Roku Express+

Serial # YGOOG 1985382

Software Version 9.3.0. build 4194.51

Device ID  C5395G985382

OLD UNIT  (AmazonPrime works fine):

Model #2450X - Roku LT

Serial #19C27L013920

Software Version 910 build 5006-03

(No Device ID listed)

0 Kudos
aromkee
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have checked for updates, I have unistalled Amazon Prime, I have reinstalled Amazon Prime and still only get audio. My Roku is up to date on all updates. What do I do now? Its has been almost a full week since this started to happen to my system - ROKU Express+. Never have had a problem before.

0 Kudos
rscarmouche
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I am having the same issue.  Amazon Prime has audio but no video. 

Model: 3910RW - Roku Express+
Serial Number: YG00C8135896
Device ID: C5393C135896
Software Version: 9.3.0 build 4194-51
Amazon Prime:  Version 11.4  build 2020072310
No video, only sound when playing content in the app.

0 Kudos