Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wmcewan
Level 7

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  I am going to get an HDMI to RCA converter.  I have to imagine that will fix the issue.

coppernikle
Level 9

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

I'm having a repeat of the no-video/only-audio problem with AmazonPrime as well.  (RokuChannel is the only other channel I get--it works fine--so not sure if the problem involves others.)  I've tried the restart (twice), didn't work; plugged/unplugged only TV, then everything--also didn't work.  Aside from collecting and PMing the data stuff (afraid I could do more damage than good there--70-something non-tech catlady), is there anything else I or Roku can do, **please**?  This is my second time round here, no idea how/why the problem disappeared before, but wanted to tweak Roku's shirt sleeve with an oldie-but-goodie country adage:  IF IT AIN'T BROKE, **PLEASE** DON'T "FIX" IT!!  Thanks for any help to get Prime video back!  **Update:  Went back to old Roku...Prime now works fine.**

0 Kudos
Fueldor
Level 9

Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat currently .  This also happened mid June and once before that about a month earlier.  All the trouble shooting, shut down, uninsall, reinstall, restart have done absolutely nothing all 3 times. Just a huge waste of time.  The issue is coming from either Amazon or Roku on their end.  Both times the issue was resolved quietly on their end(s) with no feedback or reference #. 

RHall
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have same problem and have checked for most current version. Rebooted, deregistered, etc. Please instruct how to fix? My issue is with model 3910.

Cheryl3
Level 9

Jump to solution

To rokuaustin:  prime video hasn't had a picture since 8/13. All software is up to date. Restarted, but still no picture ( audio is fine). My device ID: C53947860648. Software version: 9.3.0. Build: 4194-51. Could not capture tracker ID. Please help! Thank you.

kobita
Level 7

Jump to solution

Lost video but not sound on Prime App on 08-14-2020. Device ID is C5379829.3.0, build 4194-51. Prime Video Channel ver54644, software version sion is 11.4, build 2020072310. 

MoRig252
Level 8

Jump to solution

It is August 16th. I have audio, NO video on Amazon Prime channel. I have deleted multiple times, shut off Roku for a long time, etc. Nothing works. I have a newish Roku Express+, Model 3910RW, software version 9.3.0 build 4194-51.  It’s on an old TV so not HDMI connected. This just started happening recently. The Prime version says August 11, that’s when this started. It’s version 11.4, build 2020072310.

thanks for the help.

maureen Rigney 

Nash1935
Level 8

Jump to solution

Having same problem. Amazon Prime is the only channel with no video. HELP

Mrk7
Level 7

Jump to solution

8/17/20

Model 2910RW Roku Express+
version 9.3.0 build 4194-51          Device ID: C53925226594

No problem for the year or more I have had this device until now.

All apps and channels work fine same as always, except Prime. I select what I want to watch but only audio plays the screen is black.

My video has always been hooked up via composite cables.
Thank You for your help.

Mark White

[personal information removed]

OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

I actually can't open the Prime Video channel at all. The system freezes when I select it, and I have to reboot. As long as I avoid opening the Prime Video channel, everything's fine. But, as soon as I attempt to access it, the Prime Video logo loads, and that's it. The system won't respond to the remote, and I have to manually unplug the Express+ and re-start it.