Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bison257
Level 7

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

I also use composite connection, but it works fine for my previous player (I'm watching Prime videos with it).  I'm waiting on an HDMI to RCA converter from Amazon to use with my current player, & will let you know if that works. 

0 Kudos
SJ2
Level 8

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

I am using the composite with the cords.  I was so hoping they fixed it for everyone!   

I did unplug from the Roku too.  Removed all cords.  I doubt that is what fixed it though...

0 Kudos
violet303
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just checked again and mine is now working!

I tried removing all the cords attached to the Roku. Don't know if that really helped or not as it did not help before.

I noticed the screen looked different when I selected a video to play. I think it looks like it did earlier this month.

psb
Level 8

Jump to solution

TROUBLE AGAIN.   VIDEO STOPPED WORKING AGAIN after being OK for a while.

After working for about a week, between 6/21/20 and 6/23/20 the same old problem started again--the audio would start streaming but the video would not.   The little round & round icon would start rotating, indicating that the video was loading, but then would freeze.   No video, just audio.

FYI, when Prime started working after the first fix, the load process seemed to be different than when the problem existed the first time. The selection screen would stay visible and the icon was superimposed on the pick tiles while the icon cycled (until it froze).   After the 1st fix, when a selection would load, the whole screen would go black while the loading icon cycled, then the video and sound would start.   With the 2nd failure, the screen looks like it did when it temporarily worked (black screen, turning icon) until the sound starts and the video does not, leaving you with a black screen.

FYI, we went through the standard protocol of removing the channel, making sure the ROKU was current (it was), restarting the ROKU, and reinstalling the channel.   Nothing worked.

I was unable to get a "tracking id" (the screen just ended up going "home"), but here's the other info:

Prime Video Channel Info: V11.4  Build 2020060412

Roku Info: 930 - Build 4170-51 / Model 3910RW Roku Express + / Software checked 6/23/04 (current) , last updated 06/04/20.   The check / update process is done automatically, but manually checked today as well.

EVERYTHING was FINE for a week or so, then went belly up again.

0 Kudos
OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

Interesting. I just checked our Express+, and Prime Video is working (both audio and video). I would suggest sending your information in a private message to @RokuAustin (go to page 1 of this string, click on his avatar, then click on profile, which will take you to his profile page where you can click on "Send this user a private message."). 

0 Kudos
Suegeg3
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku fixed issue last week. Prime video is not working again.  Did system update and restart as you suggested but only audio works...no video again this week.

0 Kudos
OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

Update (6.29.20): As of the day before yesterday, we're able to stream Prime Videos, again, with both audio and video working fine. Try it again, and see if it's working for you, now.

Yah. I just rebooted our Express+ and tried to stream a movie. I'm only getting audio, and no video, just like before. However, it behaves a bit differently, as it doesn't get stuck on the menu this time, and appears like it's going to stream the video. I get nothing but a blank screen and audio. I would suggest sending your information in a private message to @RokuAustin. Click on his linked username in this message, then click on "Send this user a private message" when his profile page loads. I'll do the same, and hopefully, we'll get more attention to this matter, again.

0 Kudos
violet303
Level 9

Jump to solution

No longer working for me either. I am having the same problem as OkielnCO. Was working fine yesterday, however, it appears that Prime has updated to Version 11.4 Build 2020060412 and now the screen looks different - more like it did when I was having the problem a week or so ago. Will send email as suggested. Roku needs a more permanent fix.

0 Kudos
Fueldor
Level 9

Jump to solution

The exact same issue has started again.  I don't know who or why someone is messing with stuff in the background but this is getting ridiculous.  Am I going to have to go for another full week before this is resolved again?

Any answer to why this is happening again only two weeks later?  Has someone not learned their lesson? Roll back your updates and please check that whatever new ones you roll outin the future dont repeat this error.
0 Kudos
88-keys
Level 8

Jump to solution
  1. I have the same issue, too. Prime worked great for about a week, but it updated and now it's audio only. I sent a private message to RokuAustin. Hopefully, he can get it resolved more quickly than last time.
0 Kudos