Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OkieInCO
Level 9

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

My best suggestion is to direct message their Roku Support Twitter account (@RokuSupport). I got a canned response, but I figure the "squeaky wheel will get the oil," if everyone starts direct messaging them about this issue. 

0 Kudos
bison257
Level 7

Re: After ROKU update Amazon prime will only play audio and video is frozen Roku express

Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

UPDATE: RESOLVED

Thanks for reporting this issue. Amazon has rolled back their channel update and we believe the issue is now resolved. If you're still seeing a problem during playback, try restarting your player or checking for a system update. Please send us a PM here if you're still seeing frozen video during playback after checking for a system update and restarting your player. Thanks!

Previous

We are actively investigating and would like to gather more details from folks who may be experiencing video loss on the Prime Video channel.

Please send me a PM directly, and include:

- Your Roku device ID, software version, and build (all found under Home > Settings > System > About).

- The Prime Video channel version (highlight Prime Video from your home screen and press the * button on your Roku remote to see the channel info).

- A brief description of what you are seeing or hearing.

- If possible, please also grab a tracker ID so our engineering team can take a peek. To get a tracker ID, launch the channel and wait for the problem to present itself. Then, using the Roku remote, press Home 5x and Back (next to Home) 5x in quick succession. If you're successful, you'll see a Tracker ID displayed. Please add the Tracker ID in your PM. If you aren't able to generate a Tracker ID, no problem, please submit your feedback with as much of the other information as possible.

Thank you! We hope to get this resolved quickly.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

violet303
Level 9

Jump to solution
I finally was able to send a PM with the info. When I first tried to send the PM, I got an error message. So I logged out out and then logged back in and it worked.

0 Kudos
coalporter
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just wanted to share:

If you are having trouble finding the PM option - go to the RokuAustin profile page, the URL is: https://community.roku.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/54277

In the upper right hand corner of this member's page, you will see a purple button "Send this user a private message"

Click that, and then send your data to the support team via PM, then you don't have to put your SN and Device ID info out here on the public forum.

0 Kudos
SJ2
Level 8

Jump to solution

RokuAustin, 

Will do.  It's not audio - that is ALL that works.  The video does not play.  Started when Amazon changed the interface for shows last week.

0 Kudos
SJ2
Level 8

Jump to solution

We did it!  It's fixed - or at least MINE is fixed.  I assume Roku made some kind of fix.  I did unplug all the Roku cords connecting to the TV.  I don't think that was the fix, but in case it was... give it a try.

Thanks to everyone who helped get their attention.  Glad to have Prime Video back.

0 Kudos
violet303
Level 9

Jump to solution

That is such good news!

Unfortunately mine is still not working. I did the step you suggested but it did not help.

I use the composite out to connect to my TV: the red, white, and yellow connectors.

0 Kudos
SJ2
Level 8

Jump to solution

Drat!  I had hoped Roku fixed the problem for everyone.  If I hear back from them I will let you know.  I did send them my specific Roku ID, but I doubt they are fixing this problem unit by unit...

0 Kudos
OkieInCO
Level 9

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, that didn't work for us, either. Maybe it has to do with how we connect to our TVs. We, like violet303, are connecting via an RCA/composite connection.

0 Kudos