Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
246Ranch
Level 8

Re: Ads Causing Multiple Channels to Zoom In

Jump to solution

I just updated my Roku software and voila! the correction has been made for OANN, HULU, YouTube working again.  Do a software update now....

246Ranch
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's fixed!
I just updated my Roku software and voila! the correction has been made for OANN, HULU, YouTube working again.  Do a software update now....

boomajamma
Level 8

Jump to solution

How do I do a software update?

246Ranch
Level 8

Jump to solution

How to manually update software:

https://support.roku.com/article/208755668

0 Kudos
src70
Level 8

Jump to solution

That's interesting! It states that Roku will regularly check for updates but mine shows it has not been updated since May 31st, and I turn the Roku off daily. I ran the update and it didn't update much, but I'll cross my fingers that this works. It has become impossible to watch TV and I'm trying to decide what device to switch to. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
CressArch
Level 7

Jump to solution

I updated this afternoon. Worked great for two episodes on Hulu and that was it. Now it's even worse. Now even the ads are zoomed in and even more than before. Screw Roku I'm moving on.

0 Kudos
Foobarrah
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Roku says my software is up to date. Tried changing just about every possible setting there’s no fix. Apparently there’s no Roku customer service to speak of, so we’re stuck with our “community”...

0 Kudos
KentGeorgeson
Level 7

Jump to solution

Anyone thought of raising with Hulu?  If this many customers are frustrated and like me going to be cancelling subscription and deleting app, then Hulu themselves may be more motivated to put pressure on Roku to fix the issue!  Might get a different response if it was Hulu reading all these comments

0 Kudos
Madmike6537
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried updating the software it didn't fix it for me. About to throw this roku in the trash.

Jimbio88
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m experiencing the same issues gonna try some advanced setting changes and see if that works

0 Kudos