Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seussical
Level 7

Re: Ads Causing Multiple Channels to Zoom In

Jump to solution

I did that as well and it didn't solve the problem for my Roku. :-(  Glad it worked for you though...

CLAP
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have had similar problems on my Roku Ultra.  However, as of today, the problem is on Hulu and Disney+.  Seems to now be affecting everything that Roku displays instead of just the Hulu show I'm watching.  This is very frustrating and nearly unwatchable.

0 Kudos
frankieferreira
Level 8

Jump to solution

It'll be back. That's a temporary fix.

0 Kudos
Atennisgrl
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue with Hulu sometime a go back out and come in and its better but mostly it just goes back to zooming in. has been happening all month. Roku please fix this!!!

0 Kudos
Mison
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem! It is extremely frustrating I am using a Roku Express on an RCA TV. I have changed the display settings from auto-detect to 1080p and then to 720p, and neither stuck, the program was fine until an ad came up and then it zoomed. I am only noticing it on Hulu at this point. I wish Roku would acknowledge this thread and fix it!

0 Kudos
gwtex
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also have zoom in issues while watching One American News.  I have a Roku 3 and a Roku 3810x stick and both have the same issue on two different TV's.  Have a smart TV and it is fine.  Issue started first of the month (7/1/20) software 9.3.0 4170-04.  Does Roku support read these post and act on our issues or is posting here just to make us think they are interested in helping their customers?

Mison
Level 7

Jump to solution

Okay. I deleted the Hulu app and reinstalled it. So far, it is working fine and not zooming. Hopefully it will last!

Edit: it worked for about two hours and then zoomed again. 😩

0 Kudos
NadjaShameBat
Level 7

Jump to solution

I reported this problem to Hulu. The person I spoke with told me this is a problem they are aware of and said it seems to be happening primarily with 3900x Roku Express models. I also have a 3500 Roku Stick and I have not seen the problem. I deleted then reinstalled the app, unplugged the Roku, etc. and nothing helped, except changing the ratio on the Roku to 1080p. So far it is working, but I noticed the issue with the ads cutting off early still happening. I guess the only good news is Hulu is aware and working on it.

0 Kudos
cairuffi
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem. Hulu is unwatchable.

0 Kudos
willyoufixthis
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. and it just started recently...so some update has caused jt because none of my equipment has changed. really annoying.

0 Kudos