Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CressArch
Level 7

Re: Ads Causing Multiple Channels to Zoom In

Jump to solution

Exact same problem for me. Ridiculous that no one at Roku has addressed this.

KE62
Level 7

Jump to solution

It is a Roku problem. While we have a Roku ready TCL tv and a Roku sound bar we still have an Apple TV hooked up to the same TCL tv. We haven’t seen any issues when we watch Hulu on the apple tv.  My wife noticed the issue a few days ago. Hope they get the issue resolved soon. You forget it will happen until you’re getting into a program and it starts. Flip to Apple to watch the remaining.

0 Kudos
megaajay
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact problem on Hulu. I have multiple Roku devices and it happens on all of them. I also have an Amazon fire cube which works fine.  How can Roku customer service completely ignore the problem? I assume some of the tech support people can still work remotely.

0 Kudos
keeba
Level 7

Jump to solution

Happens every time we watch WALLANDER, in Swedish with subtitles.  When it zooms, the subtitles disappear and we have to back out and restart.  Impossible to watch the show zoomed since we don't speak Swedish! 

0 Kudos
lillielou
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Express and I only have this problem with Hulu. I went into Roku menu>settings >display and changed from auto select to 720p. I had no further problems with either Roku last night so I’m hoping that’s the fix. I got the idea on here from someone else who switched from auto to 1080p but some people replied to him that it didn’t work, so I tried 720p instead.

IowaCanuck
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked.  The auto detect for screen resolution in settings was the problem.  Changed to 1080p always and no more zooming in

frankieferreira
Level 8

Jump to solution

From what I've read that works on everything BUT the Roku Express...which, of course, is what I have.

dwarf74
Level 8

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Aneryn
Level 7

Jump to solution

Changing to 1080p on my express did not work either. It really is getting unwatchable. 

0 Kudos
Bhtoder
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had this issue with the ad breaks skipping at the end leading to the zoom in of the picture after the ad break concludes. I closed out of Hulu, then I re opened the app and resumed the program. I immediately hit rewind and let the show play out for a few minutes before the ad break that initially caused the issue started and the problem fixed itself. 

0 Kudos