Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yesngo
Level 8

Re: Ads Causing Multiple Channels to Zoom In

Jump to solution

Happening to me also when I watch Hulu.  Same as others have mentioned, where the commercial ends abruptly and when the show resumes, it is zoomed it.  Strangely, as someone else noted, the the station logo (Bravo, NBC, etc) is unchanged and properly sized on the bottom right corner.

I'm using a Roku 3800X Stick.  I'll probably have to change to my Amazon stick until this is fixed, because it is unwatchable!

Tvman442
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem! And it's getting very annoying!

Sony KDL-40W650D

3800X stick

Going thru HDMI switch, hmmm, maybe that's the problem?

Nope, not the switch!

0 Kudos
jmbcounseling
Level 7

Jump to solution

Me too! It is only on Hulu programs with ads. The rest of the episode is literally watching the tops of people's heads or the scenery while you know that there are people etc. somewhere in the picture that you can't see. Very frustrated at this point. I have reset Roku multiple times, reset router, reset my LG TV to factory settings. It has to be a communication error with the ads. My HULU runs fine with other devices so it is a Roku issue.

If anyone has a fix, including Roku support staff, let us know! It is starting to become unwatchable.

Klink-616
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same exact thing happens to me as well.  So far I've only noticed it on Hulu.

AdamES
Level 7

Jump to solution

same here. Hulu only. Station logo remains in place. Tv show zoomed. Happened after an ad TRIED to play. Brief black screen then show resumed zoomed in. Also, resolution changes from hd to standard def. Back out to Home then resume show will fix until next time.

Yeahibdunn
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Experiencing it on two separate TVs and Roku devices with Hulu. Please fix!

0 Kudos
tuamiga1973
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, and it just started this month (June 2020). It has only happened with Hulu so far. We have tried everything, but nothing works for longer than a few minutes. The issue is clearly with Roku.

Edit: We have a Roku Express. 

0 Kudos
SuieQ
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem, but only on my Roku! When I play Hulu on my computer, I don't have any of these annoying issues!             HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Krayj
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have just recently started having this problem too, with the Food Network Go app. Youtube TV app is working fine. Food network go app on my android tablet is fine.

0 Kudos
JH21_TV
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue.  Very frustrating!  Only happening with Hulu.  

Model: 3800RW Streaming Stick

After reading about everyone having this issue, I'm a little curious why a Roku agent hasn't replied.  Curious ...

0 Kudos