Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjrk
Level 7

Add USB port as TV Input?

I'm trying to set up a Roku TCL TV and can't figure out how to make the USB port show up as a TV Input that displays on the home screen. I'd like to be able to switch to the USB port to play videos off a Flash drive. As far as I can tell, the only way to activate the USB port is to unplug the drive and then plug it back in so I get prompted to launch it. Isn't there some way I can just switch to the USB port? It doesn't show up on the list when I go to the TV Inputs section of the Settings.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Add USB port as TV Input?

I just looked at the menu on my Insignia Roku TV, and couldn't find any such setting. Are you certain the drive isn't visible when you power up the TV? When I have left a USB drive connected to a Roku, it has always appeared as an available selection in the Roku Media Player. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
cjrk
Level 7

Re: Add USB port as TV Input?

Ah, I see. I didn't realize it was the Roku Media Player channel that accessed the USB port. Thanks!
0 Kudos