Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CenCali
Level 7

Acorn TV on Roku Channel--Subtitles for Season 5 of "Line of Duty" are Absent

Having trouble understanding why "Line of Duty" subtitles have disappeared after first four seasons played without any problem. Is it Acorn programmers cutting corners or is it the Roku Channel?  Please help! Thanks.

Note: All settings on Roku Express for subtitles remain the same as for Seasons 1-4.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SueM
Level 8

Re: Acorn TV on Roku Channel--Subtitles for Season 5 of "Line of Duty" are Absent

I don’t know but the dialogue is very hard to understand at times. Season 5 definitely needs subtitles.

alan215
Level 7

Re: Acorn TV on Roku Channel--Subtitles for Season 5 of "Line of Duty" are Absent

I may have a solution to your missing subtitles on Line of Duty.

I had the same problem with Season 5 along with out of sync subtitles on some earlier seasons. I was subscribed to Acorn through Roku for $4.99/month.

As a wild guess, I cancelled my Acorn-through-Roku subscription and resubscribed directly through Acorn for $5.99/month.

That solved the problem. I have subtitles for all 5 seasons and they are all in sync. Roku never gave me an explanation, but they did credit me $4.99 for one month of Acorn.

Hope this helps.

SueM
Level 8

Thank you!

0 Kudos