Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wixandy
Level 7

ARC Audio

I have just bought the roku, I connected to tv hdmi and the tv loops on ARC to denon amp.
How come I cannot get Dolby please?
When I use the Amazon app on the tv that pushes Dolby to the amp ok?
Many thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Heyitsrick
Level 11

Re: ARC Audio

"Wixandy" wrote:
I have just bought the role, I sorted I to tv hdmi and the tv loops on ARC to denon amp.
How co e I cannot get Dolby please?
When I use the Amazon app on the tv that pushes Dolby to the amp ok?
Many thanks

What's your TV make/model number? Be specific.
What's your Denon model number?
0 Kudos
Wixandy
Level 7

Hi, it's a denon X2300W and tv is LG 47LM620T- ZE
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 11

"Wixandy" wrote:
Hi, it's a denon X2300W and tv is LG 47LM620T- ZE

To be clear, are you connecting the Roku to the TV, itself, or to the receiver first?  

For ARC to work, everything must be connected to the AVR, and then the receiver's HDMI output is plugged into HDMI-1 on the LG TV (the ARC HDMI input). It won't work right if you connect the Roku to the TV directly.  If you have the Roku connected directly to the TV, disconnect it from there and connect it, instead, to one of the AVR HDMI inputs, like the "Media Player" input it looks like your AVR has.

Only one connection should be made to the TV:  the HDMI Monitor 1 connector on the right side of the back of your AVR needs to be connected to the HDMI-1 input on the LG. Nothing else should be connected directly to the TV. All other HDMI devices should be connected to the AVR.

If that's how you have it set up already, we can go from there. Just verify that you have it set that way.
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

I assume that you read manuals and enabled ARC on both devices. I assume that your tv recognized the amp. You saw such message, right? I just sssume that you know what you are doing because your description says that you inserted the cable and wanted everything magically work. The world I a little more complicated these days. Please describe your problem step by step.
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 8

Just in case you weren't aware, if it is Dolby TrueHD you are trying to get, forget it. Neither that nor DTS MasterHD signals can be handled by the Roku. Found out the hard way.
0 Kudos