Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BodyBag360
Level 8

9.3.0 update color saturation is way too high

After this 9.3.0 update on my TCL 43S515, The color saturation is now way too saturated. The Roku Series is 7116X. Noticed it while playing Overwatch on my PS4. But then also noticed it on normal cable tv. Tested a movie on prime video, and it seems to be fine there. It might be something to do with HDMI.

EDIT: The picture on apps within the tv are fine, tried multiple apps. It just seems to be the picture on devices using a HDMI. I have tried different HDMI cables and that didn’t help. 

Another EDIT: Unplugging the tv or restarting tv from system settings works. But after about 5-10 minutes, it goes right back to the way it was. Also when this problem happens, the micro contrast setting doesn’t do anything when you try to change it.

UPDATE: The dimming after about 10 minutes of a system restart has completely stopped. But some colors are still over saturated. I can deal with it, it’s not really bad. As long as the dimming don’t start up.

Tags (2)
9 Replies
BodyBag360
Level 8

Re: 9.3.0 update color saturation is way too high

Also, the picture now seems darker.

0 Kudos
Caleb514
Level 7

Yep, on a TCL 32S4610R, this latest update has made the TV nearly useless. It's legit hard to watch or look at it and none of the picture settings work to fix the problem. And of course none of the "Roku Secret Screens" work for me so I don't have the ability to downgrade the update.

For reference I use it as a second monitor, connected to my computer via HDMI.

0 Kudos
BodyBag360
Level 8

All I know is that they are going to fix the problem, or they will be buying me a new tv. I can promise that.

0 Kudos
BodyBag360
Level 8

Ok after the past few days of trying to figure out why the last update made my TV’s colors over saturated, I found out what the update broke, it was the color space setting in the Roku app. That setting got messed up somehow. It also changed the gamma setting. Had to change it back to 2.4.

mannofthehouse
Level 7

This suddenly started happening after a recent update on 55S423. Turn on TV, boom all colours are blown out super oversaturated as if the TV is stuck in-store demo mode. Toggling between picture settings does not help and as BodyBag stated the only way to fix the issue is restarting the TV via systems settings > power > etc

Simons007
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. Needs to be fixed. 

0 Kudos
Cmsanson1
Level 7

We just set our new Roku tv up and it performed the update. The picture is blown out and looks like it’s negative. How do I take the tv back to before the newest update?

0 Kudos
jennymullins
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. The TV was fine when it was turned off. The next morning the colors are blown out and the picture looks like a negative. I did a factory reset twice. Nothing I've done has fixed the problem. It happened after the new update.

0 Kudos
mannofthehouse
Level 7

I managed to fix my issue. I think there's a problem with the HDMI auto setting for 2.0 and 1.4 protocols. The only input I experienced this issue on was for my cable box and PS4, manually setting HDMI to 1.4 solved all my issues.

Of note, I was getting audio issues over arc for Netflix, Amazon etc and I believe it was a similar issue. I think the TV was feeding my older receiver Dolby Digital plus etc on auto or highest setting, manually setting this to just regular Dolby digital fixed all my audio issues.

0 Kudos