Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coyote2
Level 9

9.2 b4131 broke Ultra optical 5.1 output

Jump to solution

Since the update 9.2 build 4131 update 10/31/19 on my Roku Ultra 4640X, I get silence instead of audio half the time via optical output.

I infer the problem is 5.1 because the issue is resolved if I change the Audio Setting for HDMI & S/PIDF from:

"Dolby Digital, DTS"
to
"Auto Detect"

Via HDMI output the issue doesn't occur.

(This isn't the first time I've been frustrated by the effect updates have had on my optical output.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
coyote2
Level 9

Re: 9.2 b4131 broke Ultra optical 5.1 output

Jump to solution

I went back to the "Dolby Digital, DTS" setting (to replicate the issue to just for the heck of it rule out @boogernose's idea that my optical cable had gone bad the same day my Ultra went to 9.2).

But I couldn't replicate the issue; it seems that a day in "Auto Detect" had fixed it(?)(I had tried going back and forth between settings yesterday but that hadn't fixed it.)

Incidentally I primarily Youtube on the Ultra, which made it easy for me to discover that half the videos were silent...but likewise I think it's unlikely that Youtube broke the same day my Ultra went to 9.2.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
boogernose
Level 10

Jump to solution

Can you try a new Optical cable?

0 Kudos
coyote2
Level 9

Jump to solution

I went back to the "Dolby Digital, DTS" setting (to replicate the issue to just for the heck of it rule out @boogernose's idea that my optical cable had gone bad the same day my Ultra went to 9.2).

But I couldn't replicate the issue; it seems that a day in "Auto Detect" had fixed it(?)(I had tried going back and forth between settings yesterday but that hadn't fixed it.)

Incidentally I primarily Youtube on the Ultra, which made it easy for me to discover that half the videos were silent...but likewise I think it's unlikely that Youtube broke the same day my Ultra went to 9.2.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos