Hello, i have a Roku Premiere+ that just received the update and now the screen won't stop flickering and goes black for 15 seconds or so. And no option to roll it back, any options? I tried changing screen resolution from 4K HDR 60Hz to Auto and no change.
- Have you tried plugging the device into a different TV, or tried swapping out the HDMI cable to see if you observe the same issue? - What is the specific make/model of TV do you have your Roku player connected to? - Are you using any audio or video receiver? If so, what is the make/model?
Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email and the Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About, and include the information above. I'll follow up to see how else we can help from there.
If i remember correctly under system settings / advanced system settings there should be an option to adjust refresh or frame rate automatically. try Turning this option OFF or ON and this should hopefully resolve the issue. My TV adjusts to the source refresh rate. I suspect when both the tv and roku try to adjust together to each other refresh rate this causes a conflict and thus the continues black flickering.
1. Press the 'Home' key on Roku Remote Press the 'Home' button on your Roku remote. A list of options will appear on-screen. 2. Choose the 'Settings' Option Choose the ‘Settings’ option by moving the cursor up or down.
3. Select the ‘System’ Option Now Select ‘System’.
4. Now choose 'Advanced System Settings' A list will open up. Choose the ‘Advanced System Settings’ option.
6. Select ‘Enable’ You will now see the ‘Enable’ option. Select it, and the ‘Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate’ will be enabled. (I disabled this and my flickering stopped)
Things to Remember
● The ‘auto-adjust display refresh rate’ is only available on Roku players which come with the 4K option. ● The default rate at which Roku players stream pictures is 60fps. Fps stands for frames per second. ● Different content is filmed at different fps rates. The original fps of a content is known as its native format. ● When your auto-adjust display refresh rate kicks in and the fps is changed, the screen may momentarily go black. ● You can use the same steps to disable the auto-adjust mode. Simply choose ‘Disable’ in step 6.
Your TV is now ready to display in the highest format available.
Thanks for the Tip syphan, the flickering seems to have stopped for now. It was powered down overnight and i used my stick+. Not sure if Roku support fixed it from there end but i am happy that it's working again.