Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m3m0ryleak
Level 7

8.01 on Premier + Screen freeze and spontaneous reboot

Ever since removal from the requested 7.6 firmware "downgrade" and "upgraded" , will get a least once a day a screen freeze and a spontaneous reboot from Roku Premiere + .
Had absolutely no problems prior on the "downgraded" 7.6 firmware, so in my mind this is more half baked software. Trouble does NOT appear on el Cheapo Insignia 32" Roku TV also on network, go figure. I'm leaning more towards Nvidia Shield, Amazon, or (horrors) Apple TV for next streaming device if this keeps up. OK, now for the details.

Model  4630X - Roku Premier +
Serial # YR001P893165
Software version  8.01 build 4042-29
Device ID 7KA6C1893165
MicroSD card 14% used  (0.2/1.9 GB)

Connected via LAN Ethernet
HDMI feed to Yamaha AVR RX-A820
Panasonic Viera VT50 55" plasma
Comcast 25Mbs feed 
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: 8.01 on Premier + Screen freeze and spontaneous reboot

I have the same problem. It's a 4630RW, but the software build is the same.

It will be going along, then the sound will drop out. A few seconds later the picture will freeze. It will stay like that for a few seconds more, then re-boot itself. 

It's kind of random, but it seems to occur after a couple hours of use. It is not confined to any particular app. It happens in Netflix, Amazon, and ShoutFactoryTV. Acts like a memory leak.
0 Kudos
jsmiddleton4
Level 7

You know........ maybe its the firmware after all.   Imagine that.......
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jcamper
Level 7

Same here. Roku Premier+. 
Firmware 8.0.1 build 4042
Reboots at random. Usually once a day. Hulu, NickJR, Amazon, HBO. Doesn't matter the app.
Changing HDMI cables didn't fix it.
Factory reset didn't fix it.(It was brand new!)

I just purchased this in December and have been experiencing it since I purchased it. It updated to that version as soon as I set it up.

Fix IT!!!
0 Kudos
T_J
Level 7

I have a Premiere+ connected to a 2016 Sony 1080p TV, TV is connected to a Pioneer component stereo. I mainly watch Netflix, Sling TV (usually Orange but currently have Blue for Olympics), and YouTube (music or Bloomberg TV LIVE or 3-hr Safari LIVE). 

My Premiere+ has always worked perfectly, and has NO screen freezes, NO sound drop out, and NO spontaneous reboots. The Premiere+ gets used several hours every day, also have a Roku 2 (4210).

Premiere+ (4630X), v8.0.1, b4042-29, last updated Jan 21, last checked Feb 9, no microSD card, Ethernet connections, purchased Dec 4, 2016
(I checked version and update date and posted this info on Feb 9 evening, even though post says Feb 10)
0 Kudos
jcamper
Level 7

No response or acknowledgement from Roku. First and last time I buy a Roku product. 
0 Kudos
jcamper
Level 7

Seems like the March 27th firmware update fixes the random reboot. Roku needs to acknowledge customer problems and not just ignore the customer.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

The forums are not official Roku support. While they monitor the forum, for the most part they don't provide too much assistance here. We users offer what help we can, but the best way to get Roku support is either walking through the steps on their self-help section of their web site, which will (eventually) provide email and phone contacts, or use their Facebook page, which I understand the respond fairly quickly there. 
There are a few Roku employees that try to help here, but they are limited at times in what they are allowed to state publicly, so usually can't respond about bugs or upcoming features. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos