Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonShud
Channel Surfer

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H & AVR-x3500H

thank you I am thinking about buying the new TCL 6-series 8k version but will look at the new Sony Z9 now also, I have over 10k in my 7.2.4 home theater speakers alone and need my Atmos to simply work period..

thanks for your help Jim!

daviddalr

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H & AVR-x3500H

This isn't an isolated problem with the 65R625.  I have a TCL 8-Series with a Denon AVR-X3600H.  VUDU worked fine streaming Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos until a Roku update earlier this year.  I can still stream Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos from other steaming sources.  Dolby Vision does still works since the update.  Dolby Atmos has been broken for over six months.  It is frustrating because I have about 1000 movies in my VUDU account.  

JasonShud
Channel Surfer

Yes, I am still not having any luck with my Atmos either, they need to fix this ASAP! I just bought a Sony 91J 85 inches with Google TV and this new OS is a nice change, everything just works and little to no load times, even going from Netflix to Vudu is seamless, I don't know how they did it, but its like every app is preloaded on the home page or something. I was never a fan of Android Tv, But this new Google Tv really is my new favorite OS it beats Roku Apple all of them hands down, watch out there is a new Sheriff in town!

jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

I have tried several times to reach out to Vudu with no response. Roku just does not care and tcl doesn’t believe me. I wish they could do a live stream so I can show them which would clearly show the issue. As mentioned before I really believe it is a software issue with Roku and the firmware that drives the pass through audio and the Vudu app Since if you turn off the cec control the tv will play atmos. I do have another work around but requires the person to buy a Roku stick or player and just plug it into another port on the receiver. But to spend money on another Roku device is crazy since the tv is a Roku device. I agree I too have been researching google tv or Apple tv

0 Kudos
caldjeff

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H

So still nothing on this? I'm dealing with same issue. I get Atmos from Netflix, Disney+ and others, but Vudu is a no-go, even when it says it's playing in Atmos in the app.

0 Kudos
jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

I was finally able to get it to work by buying the new Roku 4K+ stick and using one of the HDMI ports on the Denon instead of one of the TCL tv ports and it now plays Dolby Atmos on the Vudu app.  That is why I am still a believer that something is wrong with the Vudu app and the firmware for the TCL tv.  

JasonShud
Channel Surfer

This is a bug between the Vudu app and Roku TV 100%! This is pathetic service, everyone here and Vudu just point the finger at the other guy and blame it all on them.

FIX IT PLEASE! YOU HAVE HAD PLENTY OF TIME BY NOW!

0 Kudos
Dennyboi8

no Atmos from my uhd Vudu movies with my new Denon AVR S760H AV receiver. and no DD+ from my HDX movies. I can get Atmos from Movies Anywhere. but not all my Vudu movies are available there. 😕

0 Kudos
shwanyboy
Reel Rookie

Also cannot make this work, similar setup to @jimbsparks, including same TV model, and a Denon A/V unit. If my collection is on Vudu, this nullifies my audio setup. Very frustrating. If it works with other apps/channels, feels like it's just laziness to leave it broken.

0 Kudos
jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

@shwanyboy,the solution that worked for me was to get the latest 4k Roku stick and plug it into the Denon. That way the audio hits the Denon directly. Vudu now plays Dolby atmos sound with no problem. I gave up on trying to get the tv to push the atmos track but will not work, I am a firm believer that it is both a firmware and an app issue on the tv. Both TCL and Vudu and Roku just do not care to even research it the issue. 

0 Kudos