Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H & AVR-x3500H

@Dennyboi8 @What worked for me was to get the latest 4k Roku stick and connect it directly to the a/v unit. Then it will play the atmos track from Vudu. This is the only solution that works.

0 Kudos
jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H

@JasonShud , hate to say it but the solution I found to work was to get the latest 4k Roku stick and plug directly into av unit. It will then play atmos sound for you. 

0 Kudos
jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H & AVR-x3500H

@daviddalr , what worked for me was to get the latest 4k+ Roku stick and plug directly into the avr then you will get the atmos to work. This is the only solution I could come up with which just proves that there is an issue with the app on the tcl and it’s ability to pass the atmos track after that update.

0 Kudos
JasonShud
Channel Surfer

Thanks, Jim, I am using my 4K Blu-ray player Vudu app, it is working finally, I hope they fix this soon!! 

0 Kudos
hoth

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H

I found a solution to the UHD streaming on Vudu and 4k content on Amazon prime. I was also not able to get my receiver to output a Dolby Atmos stream. My system consist of a NVIDIA shield, Pioneer VSX-LX505 in 7.1.4 configuration and a Epson Home Cinema 4k 4040. I bought a EZCOO splitter and down scaler from Amazon. I got it connected and split one output to the receiver and the other output scaled down to 1080 to my Epson projector. that particular setup worked, I finally got my receiver to display it was processing Dolby Atmos. The only problem was my output to my projector did look as good as before, so of course I was very disappointed. I didnt wanted to sacrifice my pho 4k image just to get dolby atmos audio encoding. But then I had an idea to try something. Instead of connecting the second output of the ezcoo spillter to my projector, I connect my projector back to the output of my receiver. And whattttt do you know, I still had dolby atmos and my projector said if was displaying HDr10 when I was playing UHD content. It looked great and the little splitter only cost $30 on Amazon.

0 Kudos