Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H

I can not get my 65R625 TCL tv to pass through Dolby Atmos to my Denon avr-x2700H via earc for the Vudu App.  Netflix, Disney plus, Amazon, HBO Max all will pass through atmos just fine through earc to the Denon and sound great.  Just not Vudu.  I have reached out to Vudu and they said it was a tv issue, I reached out to TCL and they said it is an app issue.  So now I am reaching out to you to see you can figure this out.  Now when I turn CEC off and just use the tv speakers then the Vudu app will pass the atmos track through the tv speakers no problem.  I even bought a $90 HDMI cable to make sure that was not the issue and that still did not fix anything.  

I truly believe it is an issue with the Roku software or firmware that drives the CEC pass through.  I think the Vudu app may have a bad code or something that the CEC earc just can not recognize.

24 REPLIES 24
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H

You didnt mention your Roku's firmware version (Settings/System/About) or Vudu app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

Try reinstalling Vudu:

1) Remove the Vudu app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the Vudu app

(If you dont restart, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

0 Kudos
JasonShud
Channel Surfer

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H & AVR-x3500H

65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H & AVR-x3500H?

The re-install of Vudu app did not work, does anybody know when this will be fixed? I have purchased several Vudu movies and want my Atmos back working PLEASE!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: 65R625, no Atmos from Vudu app when connected to a Denon AVR-x2700H & AVR-x3500H

Assuming Atmos from all your other apps/files is working, then you'll have to contact Vudu Fandango:

https://support.vudu.com/contact/contact-us-SyHUh7RP

0 Kudos
jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

Not sure when it will get fixed. I have had issues for months now. I am thinking if more people complain then maybe roku may take a look at it. 

jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

I already contacted vudu and they said to contact roku. Like i mentioned in my first post, i contact tcl and they said to contact vudu which they said to contact roku. Please refer to my first post for all the steps and trouble shooting i did. I am still thinking it is a firware issue and the vudu working correctly with roku via the tcl tv.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Please refer to my previous post about contacting Vudu if all other apps' Atmos is working correctly via ARC/eARC.

0 Kudos
jimbsparks
Binge Watcher

Like i have said before, about 3 times now, i have contacted vudu and they said it is a roku issue.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Again, by your own admission/concession, only the Vudu Fandango app's Atmos audio isnt working properly with eARC (have you tried just ARC by the way?)

Vudu Fandango codes the Vudu Fandango app (not Roku).

You need to contact Vudu Fandango about Vudu Fandango app audio issues, whether they refuse to handle your support request or not.

0 Kudos
JasonShud
Channel Surfer

I hope this issue gets fixed whoever takes the blame, it is annoying as heck!